Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lackadaisy

MaximOfSurrey

Familiar Face
http://lackadaisy.foxprints.com/

As a guy who enjoys reading webcomics once in a while for a chuckle I was rather pleasantly surprised by this gem. Maybe some of you already read it, maybe not... but I figured it'd be worth posting anyways since we're all more or less fans of the 20's and 30's here.

That and there's something strangely cute about cats running a speakeasy.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Geez, thanks!

Now I'm going to lose at least half an hour working through those. Nice work, very much showing how the web can be an alternative for nice artwork.

Newspapers used to show comics in much larger frames - and at that time, the artwork was more complex. (Think Pogo, f'rinstance.)

This hearkens back to that quality of cartooning.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Happy to bump & share...

Prohibition & the Jazz Age never looked more fun...

1203881670.jpg

1203881574.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

splatt

One of the Regulars
I just lost an hour of my day reading the comic and checking out most of the website...but what a great way to spend it :)

The artwork is brilliant...especially when you check out the pieces that have been coloured.

1203881627.jpg

Top find Maxim :eusa_clap

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
1203881574.jpg

A zoot suit and a flapper? When does this take place?

Of course, it's about nauseatingly cute talking cats, so what's my point.

Back to my mountain high above Whoville.

M. Rick

New in Town
The author likes drawing zoot suits. Aside from the anthropomorphic cats, that's pretty much the only thing that's not realistic.

I recommend squinting a bit and and pretending they're wearing Oxford bags and overcoats. Besides, once you start reading, you won't care.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Aha, I knew someone on FL would be a fan of Lackadaisy! I LOVE this strip. The author is incredibly well-read and really strives for authenticity. Rocky's zoot suit is about her only (very deliberate and self aware) departure from that because, as has been mentioned, she loves drawing zoot suits.

This strip is an absolute gem, and everyone should read it ;) bumpage!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21