Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies' Hats (for Big Heads)

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
Continuing with our specialty size theme today, I have a question for you all. I have a big head. Not figuratively, but literally.

I've always known that hats, aside from knit caps, don't fit my head. Today I decided to measure and figure out my actual head size. I came up with 23 1/2", or a size 7 1/2. Since the women's hats I've seen are available in the frustrating "one size fits all," I've never been able to find a hat that fits. Does anybody know of a place where one could buy a hat for a big noggin?

Many thanks,

Polka Dot

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
wa01405c15l.jpg

This one is just screaming my name!
:D

LD

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Another size 23 here. I've got exactly two hats that actually fit, and the rest are, like Neecerie's, the perch-on-top type. I have tried to squeeze my head into a size 22 '30s summer hat, with disastrous results.

Ma always told me I better not get a swelled head. Now I wish I'd listened.

Rosie

One Too Many
I have a big nead too and a lot of hair which of course make my head bigger. I LOVE hats but don't really have any. I made a hat a while back but my mom said the brim was WAYYYYYYY too big and laughed at me so, I never wore it out of the house. :( I like the look of those bandeau type hats, like the perch on top ones Neecerie and Lizzie were speaking of but, I'd love a big ole curch hat. :D

Sunny

One Too Many
Big head here, too! Size 7 1/2. I'm not very long-headed, though, and I haven't had a problem fitting most (new) cloches. (Has anyone checked out Dillard's recently? Yum yum!) When I wear my hair down, that is.

I lucked out with a 1930s (?) black felt that is a wee bit tight, but stretches just enough to fit and tilt nicely over one eye. But I have to put my hair up, but low, to wear it.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Dillards does have some really cute vintagey hats for fall! Also, SteinMart has a lot too. Some of them were big on me, so ya'll might try those two places. SteinMart's prices were better that Dillard's and they had a couple of the exact same hats, $48 vs $30

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot