Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the LOUNGE

ShortClara

One Too Many
Dead Pan, you don't need a disclaimer! You're always fabulous!

Nikki, you look so lovely and happy - Happy Anniversary!

Lovely pics all!!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Did a photoshoot last night to get photos to use on the flyer for our April derby bout. We're going to be doing a sort of 50s theme (think sock hop / drag racing / gang debs) so I guess I was the obvious choice from my team. The flyer photo will feature me and a girl from the other team, but we also did some individual shots while we were at it. It was a challenge to get something to work stylistically with that ugly team uniform jersey of mine. God do I hate that thing!

2294682831_fc59bf95fb.jpg

2295512188_60768693ae.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
ShooShooBaby said:
nutcrackers? are all you girls into ballet? ;)

Here is our team bio: Expelled from the Académie for conduct unbecoming of a dancer, this troupe of ballerina bruisers sought a sport where their talents for cussing and brawling would be put to better use. They traded toe shoes for quad skates and now The Nutcrackers are kicking ass and breaking legs with the Boston Derby Dames.

Our colors used to be light pink and black, which I highly preferred, and some of the girls used to skate in tutus which was pretty hysterical. I got outvoted on a change of our team image, so no more light pink. It's a hard image to sell to our fans :(

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
deadpandiva said:
Nice pics KittyT. You don't skate in the skirt?

Oh no no. My uniform bottom is a short black tennis skirt and I wear short shorts underneath it. Also, if I were really skating I'd be wearing all my bulky pads (knee, elbow and wrist guards. They aren't flattering!)

I was just trying to dress for our theme for this shoot. It was kindof a pain - I don't own a black pencil skirt, so I wore a black dress under the jersey and tucked the sleeves up out of sight. Also had to fold the bottom of the jersey up and used the belt to hide it. Kindof bulky and VERY uncomfortable :)

ShortClara

One Too Many
KittyT said:
...a sport where their talents for cussing and brawling would be put to better use

So that's what I should do with my talents for cussing and brawling. And here I thought that bowling was the answer.

* Awesome pics!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
ShortClara said:
So that's what I should do with my talents for cussing and brawling. And here I thought that bowling was the answer.

* Awesome pics!

Thanks!

Unfortunately, cussing and brawling aren't REALLY allowed. Brawling, though almost entirely for show and never carrying the goal of hurting your opponent, can get you thrown out of a game or at least a major penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. Cussing is a minor penalty, though it does happen a lot and the refs can't hear everything - after all, it's only illegal if you get caught.

For the record, I would like to state that there has been one brawl in the history of my roller derby league... at our first game, before skaters were so adamantly opposed to it... started by yours truly.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
dollydaydream said:
*ahem* what is this derby? I presume it's not the place I went to uni?

:eek:fftopic: Roller Derby is an amateur, DIY, all-female sport. It didn't always used to be amateur, DIY or all-female. It is aggressive and full-contact. Started in the 1930s as a race, it evolved into a contact sport and was very popular in the 1940s and 50s, gaining more popularity in the 60s and 70s as a televised sport, before it finally died out. About 7 years ago it was revived by some girls in TX as a DIY, all-female, skater-owned and operated sport and has grown by leaps and bounds during that time. It is primarily American, though there are some leagues that have started up in Canada, the UK and Germany.

More on derby history and game play at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roller_derby

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Looking good Kitty T!! Go Derby girls!:D

Ohairas, beautiful, so beautiful.

And Shoo Shoo Baby, you crazy girl! I thought you were 21 too!! You're the FL Cutie Pie.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:
Amy Jeanne, I absolutely love your look, it suits you so well and it's just so striking and stylish.

Oh thanks! I dyed my bob black so it looks even MORE striking now.

And thanks everyone else ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou