Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the LOUNGE

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Lyburnum and Fleur - are your photoshoots expensive? I would love to do something, but I have no idea how much it is.. also does the photographer help you with the props (like Fleur's camera) or do you bring everything yourselves?

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
lyburnum said:
Mine was free as the hairsalon it was for asked me to do it for them.

I did a few photoshoots for a salon. Most fun I ever had shooting fashion in the studio.

Beautiful pictures, lyburnum! The second one has me thinking "Audrey." Absolutely beautiful. :)

Lee

Oh, the days . . . :rolleyes:

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Darhling said:
Lyburnum and Fleur - are your photoshoots expensive? I would love to do something, but I have no idea how much it is.. also does the photographer help you with the props (like Fleur's camera) or do you bring everything yourselves?

It's been a while since I did my last fashion shoot, Darhling, so I can't quote pricing. I always had props to shoot with - chess set, computer, binoculars . . . I even bought a ladie's hat that I liked and brought it with me, once - but I'd tell the model to bring anything she wanted, as well. That always brought more variety to the shoot, thus more ideas. :)

Lee

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the compliments guys! :D

Darhling, mine are all free (or Time for CD as it is called in the industry). I bring myself, my wardrobe and my experience and the photographer brings his/her experience and equipment etc, so everyone gets free pictures for their portfolio. The camera was the photographers though, I didn't know he had anything I could use. Some photographers have lots of props if they shoot a lot of pin up, most won't.

Lyburnum, your shots are gorgeous!

lyburnum

Practically Family
Darhling said:

A lot of the time they'll get you on the photos themselves rather than the photoshoot. It's pretty standard now for studios to offer 'free' photoshoots, then charge absurd amounts for every image you want put on a CD, and even more for actual prints. I know venture charge £95 for a 7x5" framed photo, which is totally ridiculous. Plus the £50 studio session fee. I was talking to a dancer friend who got photos done for her dance portfolio recently, and she said that normal cost is something like £40-£50 per image on the CD. She got it cheaper because it was trade images, but still incredibly expensive.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:

Darhling, mine are all free (or Time for CD as it is called in the industry). I bring myself, my wardrobe and my experience and the photographer brings his/her experience and equipment etc, so everyone gets free pictures for their portfolio. The camera was the photographers though, I didn't know he had anything I could use. Some photographers have lots of props if they shoot a lot of pin up, most won't.

Thank you Fleur! sounds like a great idea.. hmm wonder if there is anything like it here... btw, where did you get that dress in your shot?! simply stunning..

lyburnum

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:

I think this is the best way to do it if you're trying to build a portfolio, I've done it before when photographing clients. They get the photos for their portfolio, I get them for mine, and we both get valuable experience. I'd recommend this over going to a studio like the ones mentioned, simply because it'll cost you an absolute bomb.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
Indeed, sir.

BTW, Darhling, you might want to fact-check your signature--while I know it's a vintage movie line, it's also materially inaccurate: some of us do have a weakness for "four-eyed girls"... ;)

thanks Diamondback - I am off to scold IMDB

Backgrounder, Darhling: of course, it helps to consider that that's coming from a guy where "four-eyes" would be an improvement--I not only have to have extremely high-index corrective lenses, I also have to wear deeply-tinted lenses under most conditions to protect my supersensitive eyes.

MissS

A-List Customer
Darn it, you all look so perfectly perfect, I can't look anymore. Humph. Can't even find the "Y'all so gorgeous, if you weren't so wonderful, I'd have to hate you' smilie face.

Twilight

Familiar Face
Prom was yesterday. :D
prompicture.jpg

GWD

One Too Many
Amazing Photos all of you. I envy the young single men on this forum they get to flirt and not appear to be dirty old men! Seriously though, amazing amazing photos from all of you girls, keep it up!!

freebird

Practically Family
lyburnum said:
This shoot was over a month ago but I only just got the photos back today.

hqassistants094bw.jpg

hqassistants075.jpg

You look amazing! Actually I had to do a double take, you have a strong resemblance to a girl I used to know.

GWD said:
Amazing Photos all of you. I envy the young single men on this forum they get to flirt and not appear to be dirty old men! Seriously though, amazing amazing photos from all of you girls, keep it up!!

I hear you. Still single, but age has crept up on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner