Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies suits

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1920's Ladies Silk Suit

1920's Ladies Silk Suit

suit_silk_1920s1b.JPG

suit_silk_1920s1c.JPG

suit_silk_1920s1d.JPG

Vintage Betty

GreyAndWhiteCat said:
Oh, Vintage Betty, your suits are wonderfull. I wish I could grab the black and white one of the screen, its to die for! The Lilly Ann is also very beautiful! Your reproductions look like very good work. I guess you use a propper tailor?

Nope, they were from a company that went out of business.

However, I've gained some weight recently, so almost none of my suits currently fit. :eusa_doh: Time for a diet...

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

Matt Deckard said:
Wow! Those are beautiful.

Nothing like a woman in a suit.

Ever worn them to work? or just to vintage occasions?

Thanks a bunch! You are looking at a small part of my collection from 27 years of collecting women's suits.

I used to wear them to work all the time. However, it's gotten kind of expensive to dry clean, so I don't wear them so much anymore.

When I start wearing them again regularly, I'll post more pics. I'm a suit gal. I have a very large suit collection. I have some great ones I haven't posted yet, so you can look forward to them in the future. :)

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

Matt Deckard said:
Is that brown a converted men's suit?
I believe i have a pair of trousers in that fabric

No it isn't, but somewhere on the Lounge, there is an entire discussion on that subject - whether this suit was a man's converted suit. It was decided that it wasn't a converted suit, just a ladies suit copied in the men's fashion of the period. [huh]

Most men commented this is the first ladies suit they have seen with a skeleton interior.

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

manton said:
I. Magnin, San Francisco. Those were the days. :)

Being local to San Francisco, I have a few I.Magnin jackets and a couple suits, I think. I'll post when I am able.

But you are absolutely right. vintage I.Magnin = Class.

Vintage Betty

Matt Deckard said:
Okay we're going to have to hang out... you gotta come to the Griffith Park picnic and wear one of those gems

Ooooh! I'd be honored! Now I just have to lose 20+ pounds to get back into one of these suits, and than I have to figure out which hat and gloves to wear...:eusa_doh:

Vintage Betty

I found some more suit pics...

And if you are a petite woman with up to a size 34" bust, American size 4 or smaller (MissHannah are you reading this?), feel free to drop me a line. I've grown out of some of these suits and am going to be selling them off.

cape_suit1.JPG

cape_suit3.JPG

cape_suit6.JPG

cape_suit7.JPG

cape_suit9.JPG

cape_suit10.JPG

cape_suit11.JPG
cape_suit12.JPG
cape_suit14.JPG

Vintage Betty

I found some more suit pics...

And if you are a petite woman with up to a size 34" bust, American size 4 or smaller (MissHannah are you reading this?), feel free to drop me a line. I've grown out of some of these suits and am going to be selling them off.

cape_suit1.JPG

cape_suit3.JPG

cape_suit6.JPG

cape_suit7.JPG

cape_suit9.JPG

cape_suit10.JPG

cape_suit11.JPG
cape_suit12.JPG
cape_suit14.JPG

Vintage Betty

Warbaby said:
Those are truly wonderful suits, but that first one - the reproduction cream with black trim - is nothing short of spectacular. Of course, we want to see more!

Yes it was a spectacular piece of my wardrobe...until I sold it on ebay recently. I just couldn't lose enough weight to fit into it, and decided to start selling my size 4 suits. It's just too frustrating to see them sitting there in my closet and I can't wear them! :cry:

Vintage Betty

1940's Swoop Suit

1940's Swoop Suit

I sold this on ebay last year or the year before. This was another suit that no longer fit me. Can you tell I have a few suits?

swoop_suit1.JPG

swoop_suit2.JPG

swoop_suit3.JPG

swoop_suit4.JPG

swoop_suit5.JPG

swoop_suit6.JPG

swoop_suit7.JPG

swoop_suit8.JPG

swoop_suit9.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members