Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies with cigarettes

P

Paul

Your have to give in to the inevitable HadleyH and post a phot of yourself :D

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Paul said:
Your have to give in to the inevitable HadleyH and post a phot of yourself :D

okay...okay... next week or so, in the Ladies of the Lounge, :p ... but i'm warning you, i'm no Bellucci... far, FAR from it....hmmm... you people are the limit!!! lol lol lol :p

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
RetroBabydoll said:
lol lol lol I think guys probably prefer pictures of girls working on cars even if they don't know anything about a car.
My friend did this for her photo shoot for Ethyl's diner. If it's too scandalous for the forum...then you guys can take it down if you want.
pic-8.jpg

Goober never hired anything like her in Mayberry.:D

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
HadleyH said:
okay...okay... next week or so, in the Ladies of the Lounge, :p ... but i'm warning you, i'm no Bellucci... far, FAR from it....hmmm... you people are the limit!!! lol lol lol :p

You can always pm the pictures to me first and I'll let you know if you should post them.:D

dogsplayinpoker

New in Town
HadleyH said:
Seriously airbrushed?
Older picture?
Italian?
Quality of cheese?
OMG.... i've never seen such a picky bunch! [huh] :p

This is not a very old picture
038.jpg

Not a very old picture either
1094472076_af0a65a4bc.jpg

Sorry for being off topic, no cigarette here, this one is very airbrushed...Christian Dior has chosen her as 'the face'. She is good enough for Dior.... after all ....hmmmm..[huh] :p
Monica_Bellucci_61.jpg

Wow. Helllooooo Nurse!

P

Paul

Warbaby said:

Smoking back in the 1920's was seen differently, partly promoted as a way to keep slim and with health benefits ( how wrong could they be)

Also in this context of this postcard I would say more as a political statement as up then smoking openly in public by ladies of good backgrounds was not done. This photo shows a teddy bear which is trying to show her young slightly vulnerable feminine side and yet shocking society by openly smoking a cigarette at the same time.
there are as you know many other postcard like this around some been nudes which I would say are serving another purpose or market.
This one as the lady was and the lady may not have been aware of been used to make a deeper point to shock society in general to accept women as equals to me.

Warbaby

One Too Many
Paul said:
Smoking back in the 1920's was seen differently, partly promoted as a way to keep slim and with health benefits ( how wrong could they be)

Also in this context of this postcard I would say more as a political statement as up then smoking openly in public by ladies of good backgrounds was not done. This photo shows a teddy bear which is trying to show her young slightly vulnerable feminine side and yet shocking society by openly smoking a cigarette at the same time.
there are as you know many other postcard like this around some been nudes which I would say are serving another purpose or market.
This one as the lady was and the lady may not have been aware of been used to make a deeper point to shock society in general to accept women as equals to me.

Good point. This card is from 1915, I think, pretty early for ladies smoking.
Here's another smoking lady from a French nude postcard (with the naughty bits cropped out).

smokingnudeF.jpg

And another racy but clothed smoking lady on a French card from the early 'teens.

frenchsmokerF.jpg

By the early Thirties it was not only accepted, but was becoming fashionable.

couple_smokingF.jpg

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
RetroBabydoll said:
lol lol lol I think guys probably prefer pictures of girls working on cars even if they don't know anything about a car.
My friend did this for her photo shoot for Ethyl's diner. If it's too scandalous for the forum...then you guys can take it down if you want.
pic-8.jpg

:eek:fftopic: I love Shannon Brooke's images. They really capture that pinup look. Not too rockabilly/ psychobilly. Just enough of the classic styling w/ a modern flair. I love it! Your friend is gorgeous! :eek:fftopic:

helvissa

Familiar face
These pics are making me miss smoking! I had to give it up as an emergency because 4 of my teeth have become loose. As smoking is the biggest cause of gum disease, my dentist told me that if I didn't give up ASAP I'd lose my teeth. :eusa_doh:

The very annoying thing is that I have LOADS of vintage smoking apparel around my house. My grandma smoked so I've got some fantastic atomic-style ashtrays and marble tablelighters.

Funniest thing ever is a wartime postcard my grandad (on the other side of my family from the grandma mentioned back there) who sent a postcard to my grandma (this is getting confusing) while he was on fireman training - "I managed to get hold of a packet of cigarettes today - I'm very pleased!" The postcard picture is of him on his motorbike, fag in his mouth, wearing a pair of brogues!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner