Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies with cigarettes

Warbaby

One Too Many
Before this thread disappears into the distant realms where only the brave and foolish dare venture, I thought I'd post a couple more vintage smoking ladies:

lady_smokingheart.jpg

lady_cigarettehat.jpg

The Dame

One of the Regulars
I love the thought of smoking a cigarette using a long, graceful cigarette holder, martini in the other hand ... I'm one of the rare few, I think, who've ever smoked socially from time to time (given enough libations) who didn't eventually pick up the habit or get addicted. I usually have 'smoker's remorse' the next morning, too ... because my mouth tastes like an ashtray. *yucky* *yucky* *yucky* Nonetheless, the idea of the clove cigarette intrigues me ... And I have certainly 'smoked' the occasional stogey. I find almost anything we do with our mouths to be VERY sexy ... but again, not without context. Context is really everything when it comes to sexiness.

Amanda Five-O

New in Town
The irony of all this is that, today, I think smoking is starting to be seen as 'universally sexy' again, because it is SOOO taboo (esp. here in the States; I've just returned after living in Paris for 16 years, where everybody smokes). If I see someone smoking now (providing they're not a redneck), I think; 'REBEL!'....and who doesn't love a rebel or rebelette?

Amanda Five-O said:
The irony of all this is that, today, I think smoking is starting to be seen as 'universally sexy' again, because it is SOOO taboo (esp. here in the States; I've just returned after living in Paris for 16 years, where everybody smokes). If I see someone smoking now (providing they're not a redneck), I think; 'REBEL!'....and who doesn't love a rebel or rebelette?

Like my brother Austin says: "Yeah baby!" ;) :p

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
I forgot about this thread and I forgot that I wanted to say something else.

:eek:fftopic:
Not that smoking is good for you. We know that it's not. It's also not good for your teeth. BUT it is not the biggest cause of gum disease.
Poor oral hygien and nutrition are the biggest cause.
Now don't take that the wrong way. I'm not saying anyone here is not brushing BUT lets face it most people do not floss. I mean I see young, young people everyday with varying stages of periodontal disease that do not smoke. And the main cause is tartar buildup from not flossing. Only floss the teeth you want to keep.
Now, smoking will in fact make that situation worse. AND if you are having gum surgery or oral surgery of ANY kind you need to quit smoking because it inhibits healing.
All of the stuff I found on it was from the UK so maybe they have different standards there. But in the US the biggest cause of periodontal problems starts with oral hygien and nutrition. Also alcoholism,drug use,diabetes and certain medications can cause serious gum problems.

If you smoke,brush, floss,AND use Listerine.
I also recomend Crest White Strips.
Do my teeth look yellow to you?
I'm a Salem smoker btw.
And there is my off topic rant for the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner