Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies...

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
I feel I am being ignored over in the hat room :( could a hat expert of the female sex kindly take a look at my hat post and enlighten me with some knowledge as to what i've got? Please, accept my apology in advance.. I am a tad hat illterate :eek:

TIA

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I don't know anything about your hat (can't see the photos), but it helps to have a more descriptive thread title, like "What kid of ladies' hat is this?" As to the maker, have you done a Google search of the Fedora Lounge?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Hmph. Them fellas don't know nothing.

That is a Bendel bonnet -- as praised by Cole Porter in "You're The Top." Henri Bendel was a very fashionable New York milliner/designer of the twenties, thirties, and forties, and his hats were very popular with the upscale ladies of the time. Your grandma must've been quite a classy lady.

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
LizzieMaine said:

That is a Bendel bonnet -- as praised by Cole Porter in "You're The Top." Henri Bendel was a very fashionable New York milliner/designer of the twenties, thirties, and forties, and his hats were very popular with the upscale ladies of the time. Your grandma must've been quite a classy lady.

Thanks LizzieMaine :eusa_clap
My grandma was a homemaker and my grandfather worked as a mechanic for then, Southern Pacific Railroad, he died when my dad was 17 (now 80) and gram died in 2006 2 days before her 103rd birthday.

This lil bonnet does not look good on me ;)

GrrlFriday

New in Town
LizzieMaine said:

Thanks, LizzieMaine. I will now have "You're the Top" stuck in my head all day. And I just got "Night and Day" out.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Also Shopgirl, I'd keep stuff like this to the PR. As Lizzie mentioned, you're more likely to find someone knowledgeable about ladies items here!

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
Also Shopgirl, I'd keep stuff like this to the PR. As Lizzie mentioned, you're more likely to find someone knowledgeable about ladies items here!

You know, I was going to post here first. then something in my head told me to post on the hat forum :eek:
aww live n learn eh! you PR gals are keen:D

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
GrrlFriday said:
Thanks, LizzieMaine. I will now have "You're the Top" stuck in my head all day. And I just got "Night and Day" out.

Well, now its stuck in my head too lol to bad I can't say the same for the bonnet,,, it does not look good on me.
off to the classifieds!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda