Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Last Man Standing hat?

RBH

Bartender
Bruce_Willis_i_Last_101991a.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Mr E Train said:
You could make something very similar by taking a relatively high and full-crowned Indiana Jones style hat such as an Akubra Federation IV and cutting the brim down to about 1 7/8" or so, which looks to be around the brim size of that hat.

Looks like a 2" brim to me, based on the proportions of my Dobbs.

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
Last Man Standing Hat ~ Thoughts on this

I have always liked this movie, no redeeming qualities what so ever, just a big ole violent, prohibition era, popcorn affair. I have also always loved the "hat" Bruce Willis wears, a lot.
A little background on me, my wife and I have a Blues Band I play drums, I am pretty much the designated "hat" guy, every band has one, generally pub caps, 8 panel newsboys, Kangols. I want to go with this look along with vests.
I recently purchased a "replica" of this hat ( I have been told Dave Brown of Rochester did the original) and not one I am quite pleased with, sooooooo during my quest I have found ANOTHER that just truly melts my heart, it is being made in Milan as we speak, ( I hope) I realize this is a pretty general post, but any of you guys HAD any luck with one of these and who was your hatter? Thanks.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I have always liked this movie, no redeeming qualities what so ever, just a big ole violent, prohibition era, popcorn affair. I have also always loved the "hat" Bruce Willis wears, a lot.
A little background on me, my wife and I have a Blues Band I play drums, I am pretty much the designated "hat" guy, every band has one, generally pub caps, 8 panel newsboys, Kangols. I want to go with this look along with vests.
I recently purchased a "replica" of this hat ( I have been told Dave Brown of Rochester did the original) and not one I am quite pleased with, sooooooo during my quest I have found ANOTHER that just truly melts my heart, it is being made in Milan as we speak, ( I hope) I realize this is a pretty general post, but any of you guys HAD any luck with one of these and who was your hatter? Thanks.

Any hatter can make this hat. Actually its very simple. Its a 5 3/4 - 6 inch open crown with a straight block profile such as a 52. Looks like a 2 - 2 1/8 inch brim, 2 inch black ribbon, and a raw edge. I love this hat as well because its one of my favorite styles, but like I said, any good hatter will be able to replicate this hat exactly.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I am pretty "green" as you can gather on these types of things

No problem, that's totally fine. :)
We were all green at one time. I just wanted to point out in my post that this style of hat is a very popular one on the lounge and any good hatter will have the proper blocks and flanges to make this hat. :)

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Penman, Art, Black Sheep, Falcon Park, Northwest Hats, etc........

They all use Winchester felt bodies, so really its who's work you like better and who has the better price. IMHO

*I think Black Sheep also uses some Tonak bodies for their Velours and Heathers

I think you did quite well! The style you wanted, at a price you could afford... can't be much more on the spot than that. Great, classic hat! Now how about one in brown, TOO?!

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
I think you did quite well! The style you wanted, at a price you could afford... can't be much more on the spot than that. Great, classic hat! Now how about one in brown, TOO?!

ha ha you guys ARE enablers.... I thought I left all that G.A.S. behind in the drum forums!

The enablers are everywhere, WC.

Again, welcome aboard, and wear your hat proudly (and in good health) when it arrives. And the brown one, too... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24