Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Late 50's early 60's

Tommy Katkins

New in Town
Feraud said:
I do not see the good in telling the offended party to not take something personally. The ol' "sorry to offend but I am going to anyway" tact is not the way to act towards members who contribute to the site and take time to plan and attend Lounge related events.
Senator Jack mentioned the loss of members due to narrow minded behavior and I hope we agree this is something to avoid.

Personally I've never possessed enough tact not to offend you folks on the far side of the pond, thought I count some of my dearest friends amongst your number...I consider my words very gentle banter...perhaps it is a question of, in the words of GBS "...two countries divided by a common language." Anyhow, sincere apologies if you've lost any members due to the off the cuff and below the belt comments which what I did direct off handedly , in near innocents, toward my 'homie' HBK.

Thusly, TK

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I do think many take a lot of things too seriously... especially when we are talking about something soo mystical as fashion. The mod look had it's time, the hipie look the 30's the goth and the punk... all fit in in their own realms. What carries these things off superbly in any situation is the man who knows he looks good in any of the looks when he really does. The elusive gravitas that makes one a costume wearer and another a owner of the look. I have been to downtown LA many times as of late and noticed the mod look catching on though not as the mod look... It's the thom Browne look. That's okay, especially when it's the man's own style. It's a problem when it's not his own style.

The show Mad Men has the look down okay though the era is terribly wrong.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Its a great look.
Especially for secret agents.
I bet thom browne owns this photo.
bwuncle.jpg

Jerekson

One Too Many
Great picture. The two on the right are much more typical for the era, the left most one seems more of a traditional style. Interesting.

I need to get me a 60's suit :D

Jovan

Suspended
You and me both, Jerekson. I'll give Mr. Marty M. here a visit someday -- he made a fantastic '60s styled suit which he posted in another thread.

Those rounded lapels seemed to go in and out of style throughout the years. I've seen a few pictures of '30s suits with a bit of a rounded edge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24