Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Latest ebay purchse - Bill Kelso M422 in goat .... 44"

Plumbline

One Too Many
My FIRST Bill Kelso ... just like Andrew's old one ... in great condition ( bit of cigarette smell but nothing that tried and tested techniques won't get rid of ).

Now ... most on here know me as a guy who HATES elastic cuffs and bottoms, but, I also have a bit of a soft spot for the looser single weave M-422 / M422A / G-1 jackets .... sort of the summer version of my ANJ-4's ... I don't know what it is, I just like them as opposed to A-2's ... they just sort of feel better on :)

PICS TO FOLLOW

This is the sort of fit you guys would love ... very trim and military neat ..... but strangely very comfortable on. The hide is GREAT lots of grain and character and just the right amount of fading at the seams and wear points.

It's a VERY fine jacket ( and Andrew has done it to death in previous threads) and is VERY well made. It's easilly on a par with my Aero M422a and I like the brown lining slightly better than the purple. The fit of the 44" is almost identical to the Aero 46" M422a. The hide is slightly heavier than the Eastman G-1 and the Aero M422a nd a bit stiffer but there's not much in it.

The question is :

Turn up the cuffs or leave them down ... I prefer to turn them up personally but as a result am I comitting a major fashion faux pas ( like I care :) )

What say you fellow loungers .... ?????

( yeah yeah .. I know ... the pics are coming ... I only just got in !!!!)

Last edited:

thor

Call Me a Cab
I'm a tried-and-true traditionalist (and a Navy man) and I personally would never turn up the elastic cuffs! Just my 2 cents. Congrats on the new jacket!

Otter

One Too Many
Was that the one that was on the 'bay about a week or so back? I saw that one but I used to have a 44 in an m-422 RMNZ which was wearable but just a little snug and decided to pass, looked a realy nice jacket, congrats.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
True, but as a collector I sell to purchase another jacket and this one sadly got sold. It is a nice jacket, but I have other naval ones.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wise words Ian. Like many collectors I have jackets that I have owned for several years and am unlikely to sell. I have others which I might either sell to fund another purchase or to help fund an upgrade. It's all part of the fun of collecting.

Yep, they come; they go.It helps not to get too attached to the jackets...
Well, it also helps to buy things you like a little more maybe ;)I just wonder when people post how great a jacket is and then flip so soon. Just a curiosity for me - I've flipped a few, but not the level you guys are at! You never get time to wear anything at this rate lol

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Well, it also helps to buy things you like a little more maybe ;)I just wonder when people post how great a jacket is and then flip so soon. Just a curiosity for me - I've flipped a few, but not the level you guys are at! You never get time to wear anything at this rate lol

Half the fun is finding them sometimes, Scott.
All that research/trawling through the old threads.
I've found a fair few this way...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart