Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Latest War Era Jacket Restoration & Favorite Make Jacket

Maverickson

Familiar Face
Hi All,

I 'm proud to have brought this one back and wanted to share it with the Forum members. This particular jacket represents a max effort on my behalf. Since being repaired this jacket is hardly recognizable with the basket case I started out with.

I hope you enjoy!

Cheers, Dave

Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Like.....wow!!!!!!! You've got me thinking USN jackets again....fantastic job :)

Maverickson

Familiar Face
Beautiful work, Dave.

Hi Joel,

I appreciate that!

You may not recognize it but to correctly bring that jacket back represents about three times the effort as building one new from scratch. However, with it being the only true Large size War time USN model Monarch I've ever seen , I thought it well worth the effort.

Cheers, Dave

Last edited:

Maverickson

Familiar Face
Excellent job! Do you have any before pictures?

Hi,

The repairs to this jacket are almost too numerous to list. Here are a few & as seen received and the result of numerous collar repairs.

As seen below are once cleaned up.

Beyond that is the cockpit damage and wear. Moreover, these War era Monarch jackets were originally stitched with a thin cotton thread. That 75 year old cotton thread is now beyond fragile. In the end I took it upon myself to replace both the internal and external thread throughout. All necessary unless the jacket were to remain a closet Queen.

There really was no end to the work I did to correct this jacket. In the end I gave it back most of it's original integrity and made it presentable again. I could go on but you can get the gist of what I did with those provided pix.

Best of all, this jacket is now 100% wearable.

Cheers, Dave

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21