Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Lazy" Vintage Hair Ideas

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
rubyredlocks said:
Here's my variation,the ultimate lazy vintage hair.I just put in a little pomade and let it go.
47b7d706b3127ccebceda78a2a9c00000006109AbOXLFk0bS

Rubyredlocks - You always look so put together and stylish with your hair and outfits. I am green with envy.

ShortClara

One Too Many
rubyred, yes, what an amazing haircut! I so admire that kind of hair, as I just cannot sport it - I don't have the face for it. But you do! wowee!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Johanna said:

I've always wanted to know how to do that wave-bang type thing, but I could never seem to master it! This is the exact hairdo I've been trying for, but can never seem to achieve! Looks FAB!!!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
rubyredlocks, that style looks fantastic on you! I wore that briefly, right after my son was born, but have never had the courage to go back to it.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Thanks Gals!
I have to admit that I get more compliments with my short hair than any other.Complete strangers walk up to me.Makes me wonder why I ever grow it back out.[huh]

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Rubyred thats actually the cut I was going for at the beginning of the year when the disasters started for me. Oy, after that it was just one bad cut after another and it took for ever for it to get even and to start growing even. Now I wont cut it for a long long long long time. lol

ssubialdea

One of the Regulars
rubyred, very cute! I love short styles but could never wear them well.

Last week I decided it was time to do some practice rolls and in the process figured out that braiding the rest of my hair makes great waves.
First I divided it and rolled the front, then did two pigtail braids, like this:

hair9.jpg

then after tweaking the rolls and waiting a bit before taking out the braids, it looked like this:

hair26.jpg

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Johanna said:
Yesterday my hair was really really dirty, and I mean really really dirty, I hate washing my hair so I only do it when the grease becomes unbearable. Now I was actually going to wash it but I had to go into town to run some errands first. Anyway, my hair looked like complete mess, but I did this very simple hairdo which made it look petty ok.

I just set my hair like this without wetting it or putting anything in. Doing just one curl on each side of the head might not work on very thick hair though.

set.gif

I sprayed it a bit with hairspray and let it stay like that while I got dressed and did really quick makeup. Then I just brushed it through and it turned out like this. I could have brushed it better to make it less messy, especially in the back, but I just did it really quick so I wouldn't look too horrible. My roots look almost black from being so greasy :eek:

greasy%20%281%29.jpg

greasy%20%283%29.jpg

greasy%20%284%29.jpg

It's very simple, but it's a quick way of making really bad hair look nicer.

Beautiful as always Johanna! I love the wave in your fringe, I've attempted to do something similar but it never works.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My everyday hair...

If I wash it, I part it and put in the combs and let it dry.
If i don't wash it (three to five days depending on filthy level), I brush it, spray water on it, comb the water in to refresh the wave, and put in the combs.
I dye parts of it back to brunette, I am not ready to be that gray yet! But I leave some stripes so the grow in isn't so noticable, and I almost look my age.

l_9febaabc90cfee32809f72f236b4bd11.jpg

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I love it Miss!!! (And I play with the thought of getting one or a few white stripes since I feel my hair looks washed out in it´s state right now beeing brown with tons of white hairs in between. Maybe those will pep up my hair)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo