Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather A2 Jacket Info

MJ7

New in Town
Hi all,

New poster here. 2 Questions...

#1. Does anybody have any information on this jacket? All I know is that it was purchased in Sweden and is supposedly WWII era. I have not been able to find anything through Google. Ballpark range worth? if that is answerable.

#2. This jacket is very big on me; goes a few inches below my belt and is a bit billowy. Is there any miracle way to size this for me, or would adjustments be a lost cause?

Thanks! Stumbled across this sub researching jackets and you seem to be very knowledgable folks on the subject.

*Attaching photo. Hopefully it uploads.*

-Noah

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    709.7 KB · Views: 457

Interbak

One of the Regulars
Hi Noah,

Welcome aboard.
1. This is not a proper A2, more like an 1980's "mall jacket". There were tons of makers of these types of jackets in that time, almost none are accurate, more loosely based on an A2.
2. Value, Maybe $100, if it doesn't fit you there's not much to do, sell it off and get something that does.
Sorry, no collector value here at all.

MJ7

New in Town
Hi Noah,

Welcome aboard.
1. This is not a proper A2, more like an 1980's "mall jacket". There were tons of makers of these types of jackets in that time, almost none are accurate, more loosely based on an A2.
2. Value, Maybe $100, if it doesn't fit you there's not much to do, sell it off and get something that does.
Sorry, no collector value here at all.
Thank you! Appreciate the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy