Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather bag question

tonypaj

Practically Family
My daughter loves horses, and riding, more that anything. I bought her an old leather bag for all her gear, it was dry, a bit burned, but after two treatments with Pecards, it looks quite cool. She may disagree, she's only 11 years old, but the bag will be one of her presents. One day she may like it. If not, I'm happy to inherit it :)

The question is, if she likes the thing, what options are there (apart from just using a Sharpie) to make the bag her own. These things get stolen at the stables more often than not, and on top of that, I'd like to see her name on the outside with a more artistic hand than mine. Painting is not my forte, I'm more of a legal/business type.

Any leather artists in Europe that could help after Christmas?

tonypaj

Practically Family
Are you up for a DIY project?

Pyrography? Good suggestion. Though my "artistic" talents are on the golf course, can't paint one bit. And my wife only knows how to write stuff, and my son how to sing and play the guitar, that's his studies at the university. I shall discuss with the better half, she might get very much interested in this.

tonypaj

Practically Family
The bag came from the UK, my son's at the University of Kent :) Here, in the Geneva region, we have few options, people like new things from fancy shops, as money is not really a problem in the horse riding circles. Should have done the whole thing in the UK, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael