Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Western Shirt Arrives

Powerband

Practically Family
The Aero Western Shirt arrived today. As expected, the horse hide is substantial. It should break in with the black-dye overcoat wearing down to the brown underneath. I think I’ll keep this one and wear it casually and loosely over a tee shirt.

Sorry for the quick, dirty and hasty pictures. This is literally right out of the box, stiff and mean.

a6ef7875e8bef8f04ec0ff68e6a6bff3.jpg

8620d84a553c875f76ee3feffd2e697a.jpg

a46112b75024213ada97d631434cde8d.jpg

5b0c66a5e44c3f52f7cb56541770db64.jpg

3a36f53765b908831fa98057bfa64c87.jpg

970a1df454b2f832c8b6bc95b669a7b8.jpg

aec3bb23e7475378cd08fd429a2c8bd6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ShadowBoxer

Familiar Face
So this is what all the hand-wringing and whimpering was about??

It looks great. If YOU like it, wear it with joy and celebrate your self. You don’t need other peoples approval to grow up and be happy. As I said in your other thread (not sure why you didn’t just continue this there), 97.82% of the people really could not care less what you (we) wear. About 2% are friends (they don’t care either, btw. Friends are simply happy if you are happy) and a few strangers who might offer a positive comment or questions (like me. See below). Happens with kilts all the time.
Negativity and other unhelpful comments don’t count. In my experience negativity is usually people expressing their own fears and insecurities and puking that up on you. When someone is puking, sidestep that and avoid getting splashed on.

Now for the important question: Where can I get one? : )
Congratulations and Cheers.

Powerband

Practically Family
Although the horse hide is stiff out of the box, I can tell it will have a pliable hand within a few hours of wear. I mean, as it is, it still bends and falls over your grasp, but some body-heat and movement will have it butter up to my frame in no time.

The naked suede interior is far more plush and felt-soft than the one in my Mister Freedom Campus. This one doesn’t shed bits of leather. It is very comfortable.

More pics tomorrow.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have never bothered with these leather shirts but this one, the western back, is so cool.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Very nice, I never really considered one of those until now, it looks good over a t-shirt as you say, kind of like a light jacket.

I really like it! It actually looks so much more tame than I'd imagined it ever would. In fact, half the jackets posted here look more outrageous than this shirt. You seriously can wear this anywhere.

I was thinking about getting one in CXL earlier this year but decided it might not be a wise idea. Now I'm second guessing my decision.

Powerband

Practically Family
Very nice, I never really considered one of those until now, it looks good over a t-shirt as you say, kind of like a light jacket.

Worn over a tee, it’s not as out-of-place as I had imagined. That was my concern, but not anymore.

I can’t believe I’m saying this. I actually like it. With a blunt cut hem this would be really close to an unlined trucker. With wear and tear this should be very cool and surprisingly, probably easier to wear than 90% of leather jackets.

Powerband

Practically Family
I can’t believe I’m saying this. I actually like it. With a blunt cut hem this would be really close to an unlined trucker. With wear and tear this should be very cool and surprisingly, probably easier to wear than 90% of leather jackets.

Even brand new, it’s easier to wear than most of my worn-in Leathers. To be fair, it is, after all, a “shirt.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21