Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lewis Leathers' Universal Racer MK1 Repro

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16736

Has anybody else seen this yet? Modeled after an archival late 1930's MC jacket in their collection. In premium cowhide or sheep leather (I like the cowhide). Looks like a terrific jacket. I don't ride, but I'm considering buying it. Curious what your thoughts are...

http://lewisleathers.com/productinfo.html?code=UVR1-jak

D

Deleted member 16736

My thoughts are that I love it. Incredible design. Expensive though!

It's in the price range. Top-notch cowhide jackets are approaching $1000 now. I don't mind paying for quality.

Metatron

One Too Many
Well, provided it's made in England, I can't really fault the pricing, as you say, you are paying for quality. Again, just to comment on the look of it, I think it's in a league of it's own, classic and dynamic at the same time.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
In my opinion sheep leather is one of the poorer quality leathers for jackets. Most bargain basement leathers are made from napper lamb, I remember lots of cheap motorcycle leathers from the 1970s being made from this, Lewis jackets being considerably more expensive.
Then again, you say you dont ride, lamb is a very supple leather requiring very little wear to break in.
Looks like George Formby could wear this in 'No Limit', the great pre-war motorcycle TT comedy film
J

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16736

Apparently, sheep's leather was used on vintage LL jackets. Anyway, I emailed them and they said horsehide is coming by the end of the year. You can get on their contact list if you send Derek (the owner) an email.

AviatorBRZ

Familiar Face
I definetely could wear a jacket like that.
Interesting that it have a folded area similar to the jacket from Aviator movie.
Maybe an trend fashion from that Era.

featureaviatormed.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic