Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LL Bean Double L Chinos Questions

radman46

New in Town
Anyone have any experience with LL Beans Double L Chinos. I need some everyday pants for work that are not too expensive and thought they might fit the bill. I am and IT tech, mainly desk work, but I get under a desk or on the floor from time to time. Thanks for any help.

Bill Taylor

One of the Regulars
L L Bean is usually good quality and look good. However, I read a few years ago in Consumer Report that the best buy in chinos for looks and wear was "Farah Khakis" so I tried a pair. Since then, I have bouight several more over the years as I liked them so much. Usually get them at Target and they are less expensive than Bean. Can't quite remember the price, but probably under $20. especially if on sale. They have both khaki color and the lighter tan "chino" color pleated and plain front. Mine have always been plain front.

Bill

Flitcraft

One Too Many
L.L. Bean are great quality...

but either I'm growing taller, or their lowering the rise in their trouser patterns. The last few times I've ordered from them, all the trousers fit more like low-rise jeans. If you're tall, that's not good at all.
Lands End has a wider selection of chinos for about the same price as Bean's. Quality is about the same and many models are offered in a longer rise. You might want to check them out...

Bill Taylor

One of the Regulars
Flitcraft said:
but either I'm growing taller, or their lowering the rise in their trouser patterns. The last few times I've ordered from them, all the trousers fit more like low-rise jeans. If you're tall, that's not good at all.
Lands End has a wider selection of chinos for about the same price as Bean's. Quality is about the same and many models are offered in a longer rise. You might want to check them out...

I have also noticed on more recent L L Bean's that the waist is tighter than would be expected for the size. I usually wear 30 or 31 waist, but 31 Bean's feel much tighter than the same waist size of other vendors.

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy