Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LL Bean "Indy-Style" Jacket

armscye

One of the Regulars
Rather than hijacking the current LL Bean history thread, I thought I'd start a new one on the topic of the LL Bean Indy style jacket. As pictured, this was a clearly Raiders influenced design with caped action back, no knits, halfbelts, and A2-ish front pockets, all done in an olive goatskin. I have one with fleece lining and a mouton collar, though I've also seen them with w-collar and a conventional sateen lining.

Can anyone date the design or comment on its history?

I've linked to a shot from an ebay listing, since my version of the jacket is at my tailor. I have no commercial intentions, and do not know the seller.

$_57.JPG

Attachments

• $_14.JPG
    $_14.JPG
    1.4 KB · Views: 319

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I don't think it was Indy influenced. Remember the Indy was influenced by the A2 and civilian leathers of the 1930's. This one looks like a mix of a G1 and a half belt, right down to the classic cigarette chest pocket. There were many such civilian/flying jackets made over the years. I'd take a punt that one is 1990's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff