Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

London Outerwear meetup 8th of December - Epilogue

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Ok guys! It's time to start thinking about this year's London meetup. I am thinking around end of November or early December could be a good time.

This time we need to take more pictures and have a nice meal at the end of it. We could do the East part this time as was suggested earlier.

Please let me know your thoughts here, and especially which weekend would work for you, so that once that is settled, I can create the official meetup thread.

I am looking forward to this one, and really hope to see more people showing up. Feel free to put any suggestions, questions, ideas, etc. here.

If you prefer not to post here for nay reason, please PM me :)

The aim is to build up on the last event and hopefully have as good a time if not better :D

I'm in!

Just so you know, the Eastman pop up store will be 13th to 24th of November, might be nice to do it at that time...
I really really need to try a HighwayStar!

Jejupe

Practically Family
I'm also in! I think it would be nice to visit the Eastman pop up, so I suggest the weekend 22nd - 24th of November.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
That sounds like a good idea, would be good to invade the pop up in numbers :D

Honestly, that was the one thing i struggled with most last time...
Every time all of us entered a shop all i could think about was how much they must have hated having all of us there, trying everything on and buying nothing! It's any shop owners worst nightmare i think.

Jejupe

Practically Family
Every time all of us entered a shop all i could think about was how much they must have hated having all of us there, trying everything on and buying nothing! It's any shop owners worst nightmare i think.

I don't see a problem here. Just buy something if it bothers you! ;)

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

It depended on the shops I guess, I remember Lewis leathers and Clutch Cafe giving us the best welcome. Personally I wouldn't worry too much, we were polite and interested in the products whether we were buying or not. This is already better than many visitors in the shops we go too, isn't it?

Lit Up

One of the Regulars
I wasn't happy with the reception in Buzz Ricksons or whatever it's called. Every time I asked to try something on there was a hesitation, then an unconvincing "yes" about 5 seconds later... if people want me to pay a feck ton for a jacket then they need to be nice :)

Btw if I'm in town I'll definitely try to come!

Jejupe

Practically Family
I think if there is really a lot of us, it would be polite to go these shops in smaller groups. At some point they will worry about shoplifting if a big bunch or leather jacket wearing weirdos crowd a small shop.

Lit Up

One of the Regulars
No I think that shops need to realise that the customer is number 1. They usually do and are happy to have some business. Particularly with stuff this niche.

red devil

I think if there is really a lot of us, it would be polite to go these shops in smaller groups. At some point they will worry about shoplifting if a big bunch or leather jacket wearing weirdos crowd a small shop.

First step is to make sure the group is big enough for such considerations. You heard it, we need to be more numerous than last time! I am counting on all of you :D

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
First step is to make sure the group is big enough for such considerations. You heard it, we need to be more numerous than last time! I am counting on all of you :D

Y'all might want to let the shops know when you are coming. I think you would get a real welcome especially if you mention that you are part of an unofficial FL Meetup. We had a meetup in Monteagle, TN with the Hat crowd a number of years back and actually got a tour of a hat manufacturer in Winchester, TN. Just a thought.

Edward

Bartender
Nice idea! The Lewis folks put us on their instagram, as I recall.

I wasn't happy with the reception in Buzz Ricksons or whatever it's called. Every time I asked to try something on there was a hesitation, then an unconvincing "yes" about 5 seconds later... if people want me to pay a feck ton for a jacket then they need to be nice :)

Btw if I'm in town I'll definitely try to come!

American Classics. Yes, they are....kinda spendy. The price of a Kelso jacket in there especially, yeesh. Too rich for my blood. I wish there were a few more Buzz Rickson stockists in the UK, though.

November timed with the pop-up would be good, not so close to Christmas so things won't be quite as hectic.

Another place I'd love to work in some time is the Ace Cafe, but being in Stoney Bridge area (NW London, zone 3 on the Bakerloo line), it's not quite ideal for this trip I think. Maybe sometime we should all go en force to one of their rock and roll nights or similar.

Some day we should organise an expedition North for an Aero visit...

bn1966

I'd stay in the Kew Bridge Travelodge, just off M4 with good rail links just up the road, missed last year's ELC 'Pop Up' but made the previous years. Won't be buying, I've enough jackets & accessories to be getting on with.
I like the 'Ace Cafe' idea, maybe a summer time meet up?

Justhandguns

Practically Family
I have just been to the Clutch Cafe a few days ago, they have this small area with a bench and a few seats. Lewis and Rivets should be easy as there is Fitzroy or Rising Sun just round the corner if you fancy a pint. There's also coffee at the Sharps Barber shop almost next to Rivet and hide. As for the ELC pop-up, there's plenty of choices. For American Classic, there is the Craft Beer pub down the road towards Holborn.

P.S. Not going to buy anything in these places, otherwise my other half will burn me (or my collection) to death......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112