Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking bow styles inspirations

guillaumeb

One of the Regulars
Hello everyone,

So I got a new hat today. I told the seller that I wanted to change the original brown grosgrain for something a bit more springy-summery.
Apart from the color which I find a bit to shiny (I initially wanted something like dark beige), I'm not a fan of the bow that they have done.. a bit boring... not to say clumsy...

Judge by yourself:
H4z6APT.jpg

I'd like to go hunting for another type of ribbon tomorrow and do a bow myself. I did find the famous tutorial that was posted a whlle ago. But i'm looking for inspiration.

I'm not specifically focused on grosgrain, I can use whatever material really but I want a nicer bow and a ribbon a bit less wide.

Is there some sort of place listing various bow styles ? Apart from grosgrain, what can I use ?

Thanks a lot for your advice.

EstherWeis

Vendor
I agree with you, it looks a bit off.

The lounge is full of bows.
How about a nice leather ribbon? Or a braided one?
2d06c9ac60b7c8980c7dbabac5755431.jpg

You could make something out of a fabric that you like, or even ropes can look nice, depends on what look you want, either a dressy or more of a casual look?

RJR

I agree with you, it looks a bit off.

The lounge is full of bows.
How about a nice leather ribbon? Or a braided one?
2d06c9ac60b7c8980c7dbabac5755431.jpg

You could make something out of a fabric that you like, or even ropes can look nice, depends on what look you want, either a dressy or more of a casual look?
Love the braided leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran