Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a black Fedora

Fortino37

Familiar Face
I was looking for a black fedora for months, but had no luck so I decide to get one in my own way.
I took my light grey Branford XXXBeaver fedora and decide to change it in a black lid, and this is the result.

normal_BRADFORD2.jpg

This is before the process.

normal_Bradford%20Negro3.jpg

This is how looks now, it's black, but the flash made the blue effect.
Decide to change the ribbon too for a wider one.

Any comment???

Flieger

Practically Family
Hey Fortino, it looks great! Love to see a daylight photo though.

But please tell us how you dyed it! You got a near perfect result. Is it rain-proof or will it bleeed?

/Flieger

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Love that blue! :)

But then, I like blue hats.

I like black hats too, though, and it looks like you've created a great one at a fraction of the price I've paid for a couple. I bought one from Marc during his selling frenzy, and bought a black OR yesterday.

I second Flieger's questions, and also looking forward to seeing a natural light photo of it!

Cheers,
Tom

Fortino37

Familiar Face
From grey to Black

I'll take some daylight photos to show the black lid, by the way, I am planning to change the color of more fedoras and gonna take some pictures of the process to show how I made it.

Saludos from Mexicali, Mexico

It's been awhile, Fortino. Good to see that you haven't forgotten about us.
Yes, please tell us how you did that. Your knowledge is impressive, and your willingness to share it is much appreciated. (Your tutorial on ribbon and bow replacement, for instance, was quite clear and thorough.)

Fortino37

Familiar Face
From grey to Black

As I promised some daylight shots of the Black Bradford Fedora.

normal_PICT0114.jpg

normal_PICT0110.jpg

normal_PICT0113.jpg

Have to admit that it looks like a extremely deep blue, but the color I used was named "Elegant Black".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80