Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for those vintage style undershirts?

sproily

Practically Family
The ones with three buttons on the front? Like this?
pr700.jpg

Well I couldn't, atleast for relatively cheap.

Then I found a light 100% cotton pique polo shirt such as this. I glanced on it and it suddenly came to me. An idea!

I bought the shirt, which cost me 50 cents at a thrift store and then I used this handy tool to take out the collar. Don't know what it's called in the Anglo-American world.

ratkoja.gif

Then I asked my girlfriend to sew up the collar seam and I was ready to go! I've got my shirt and for 0,50€!

It's perfect. Light in weight and a perfect under shirt. I recommend this for everyone who wants to look vintage even in their sleep! If you can get someone to sew it for you or can do it yourself you can get off really cheap also!

Creeping Past

One Too Many
A thread here on this subject.

John Smedley merino wool ones are the best in my opinion.

Edit: Sorry, I misread this as a 'search for' post. This is a very innovative idea.

Doug C

Practically Family
I don't know... there must be an easier way to get these shirts without paying an arm and a leg. Besides I don't think the polo shirts have the wide sleeve ends that the vintage undershirts do. I'm not doubting that your shirt looks great and serves the purpose but isn't there a better option? I started wanting some since LVC issues them a year or so ago... but the price is rediculous.

Doug C

Hal

Practically Family
Creeping Past said:
Good grief, man! ;)
No, that's fine. I'll have a purge tomorrow...and clear out my inbox, too :eek:
(Four days later) Please!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn