Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for vintage-y new purses...

VivianRegan

One of the Regulars
I have a vintage purse I use daily, but daily use can destroy.

So, I'm looking for vintage-y purses... have you seen any?

I saw this at Naturalizer, and appreciated its simplicity, even though it's more '50s-'60s. Think I'll wait 'til it drops in price.

vc112C56.jpg

So many purses these days are floppy, sacky things with superfluous buckles and rings attached... HATE THEM! I'm looking for classy and timeless.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I don't like lots of geegaws, either. How about this purse:

G122787.jpg

You asked for simple! (From talbots.com)

Maybe you'll like this:

E104787t.jpg

Also from talbots.com. (Just as pricey as the first one, though, but their stuff wears a long time. If you sign up on their e-mail list, they'll send word when they're having a sale. :) )

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
isaac mizrahi @ target

http://www.amazon.com/Isaac-Mizrahi...44658?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1175383598&sr=8-2

Hope this link works! Was cruising through various websites for purses the other day and saw this great red frame purse at Amazon/Target with some nice vintage styling. The outside pockets might have a bit more embellishment than you are looking for but I think the price is great. At a much higher pricepoint, Zappos.com has some killer frame purses (Isabella Fiore ::sigh:: )

Pina

miss noir

New in Town

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
More Target Love

I am so in love with this right now. I just checked it out at Target.

B000J43978.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS384_.jpg

It looks better (and more vintage) in person. The best part: $17.99 (on sale until Saturday.) I'll be picking mine up on Thursday.

miss noir

New in Town
"I have a Revamp bag on its way to me right now! (A christmas present!) The same one linked above, but black"

YES! thats the one i want - i would love to hear what you think of it. and then tell me why on earth they are so expensive!!

miss noir

New in Town
i just checked out the red Naturalizer bag - it is very cute! just my luck they dont ship internationally. do you know if these are they stocked at any other online stores? Amazon seems to sell their shoes, but nothing else

Sunny

One Too Many
miss noir said:
i just checked out the red Naturalizer bag - it is very cute! just my luck they dont ship internationally. do you know if these are they stocked at any other online stores? Amazon seems to sell their shoes, but nothing else

I've seen the shoes elsewhere, but I'm not quite so sure about the bags. Were I you, I'd google "Naturalizer" and the name of the bag, and see what turns up. I've had good luck with that technique before.

If not, I'd be willing to buy it for you and mail it, if you're comfortable with that. There's a Naturalizer store in the mall a mile from my house, so there wouldn't even be two sets of shipping charges to worry about. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24