Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost World Ryder Owners - Sizing Help!

Falz24

New in Town
Hey guys,

I have heard the LW Easy Ryder is a looser fit than Vanson or Aero. Is this correct? I technically would be a 42 but I ride a cruiser and don't want that tight cafe fit. I like feeling relaxed and not suffocated on the bike. So if a LW 42 is a looser 42 than a vanson or aero, which I have tried, then I think it might be the ticket.

My chest is 43 without a hoodie and 44 with (I often ride at night so frequently wear a hoodie). My belly button is 37 without and 38 with hoodie. And I wear 34 levi's (give or take depending on cut. Some levis I'm a 33 and in raw 501 I actually wear a 35 which is admittedly loose around the waist once broken in). I'm 5'10 190 but sometimes am around 185

One last question... How does the heavyweight 4oz HH compare to vansons competition weight cowhide?

Last edited:

Falz24

New in Town
Left him a vm today. Will hopefully speak with him tomorrow. Just wanted some feedback here as well comparing the fit to aero and vanson which I am familiar with. Also wondering how LW HH heavyweight 4oz compares to vansons competition weight leather

The LW Easy Ryder is a nice jacket. Have you contacted Stu about fitting? He is good about helping you decide the best size for you.

Last edited:

JacketAddict

One of the Regulars
Hi Falz24 - just curious if you have searched for comments about LW on this site? I would tread very carefully if I were you - there are plenty of other companies who know how to provide quality customer service and quality jackets and share the customer's enthusiasm about the purchase. Don't buy into the hype on the LW website - just one man's opinion and I speak from experience. Cheers!

Falz24

New in Town
Hi Falz24 - just curious if you have searched for comments about LW on this site? I would tread very carefully if I were you - there are plenty of other companies who know how to provide quality customer service and quality jackets and share the customer's enthusiasm about the purchase. Don't buy into the hype on the LW website - just one man's opinion and I speak from experience. Cheers!
It seems like a couple of people have been bothered by his website (which admittedly at times gets kooky) and customer service while the rest have been happy. I have not heard anyone question his actual work. Seems like everyone finds his craftsmanship to be as good as it gets if not better (coming from people that have jackets from multiple companies). If there's anything else I should know by all means shoot me a pm. His easy ryder appears to have the look and features of what I am looking for. Not at all trying to be rude here but I'm just trying to get some feedback on fit comparisons and the comparison of his heavy horsehide to vansons comp weight leather. That's all....

Last edited:

winterland1

Practically Family
I have a Ryder. Mine is a midweight HH and I love it. I just wish it was black. Is brown.
I also had a Buco Ryder that I bought and flipped. It was the thicker HH and was very nice. It still needed to be broken in. I can't see Vanson's being any thicker.
Have not checked out a Vanson though.
I don't think you will find any issues with quality. Yes there have been some issues with some customers who have expressed disatisfaction with customer service. I have had a few customer service questions and have had prompt reponses. Short responses but they answered the questions. If you get a jacket let us know how it goes. I know you will be happy with the jacket itself. There are a few Lost Worlds on Ebay. Don't think any are Easy Ryders though.
As far as sizing I always go by the measureing something that fits me how I like and making sure what I buy has those measurements. Of course there are variances in styles and how a measurement translates. I have had it work for me every time so far though.

Last edited:

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
I have a Lost Worlds Buco-Rider. I’m guessing the sizing is similar, if not the same, as the Easy-Ryder. I’m 5’9” tall, weigh around 178-180lbs, chest size approx. 41” and waist size 33 in most denim. My Buco-Rider is size 40 and fits me very well with room to layer a sweater or lighter fleece jacket underneath. I can (and have) layered more underneath but I end up looking like a stuffed sausage. It’s not a super slim-fitting jacket – there is room in the body.

I don’t have an Aero for comparison, but have tried on a Vanson Model B in size 42 that seemed to fit me well. I recently bought a Vanson Chopper in size Medium that fits on the closer/leaner side. I think the Medium is between a 40 and 42. I also have a Schott 141 in size 40 that fits well.

As for thickness and weight comparison, the LW Buco-Rider is similar to the Vanson Chopper – do note that the hardware and extra padding on the Choppper (upper & lower back & waist cinches) probably add a bit of extra weight to it. Both are very thick and substantial. The leather feels similar but, of course, is not the same. I’ve been wearing the Buco-Rider for a few months now (weekend riding mostly) and it’s started to break in a bit, very happy! The Vanson Chopper is only a few weeks old and I haven’t worn it outside much yet, probably have to wait for Spring now.

I didn't buy my Buco-Rider directly from Lost Worlds but from a shop in Brooklyn, NY - UnionGarageNYC.com - which is a motorcycle store that's probably one of the few (if not the only) places in the country that sells Lost Worlds. They pretty much only have the Easy Ryder and Buco Rider in stock although they can work with LW in ordering other models for you. Then again, being a motorcycle store, most people seem to only get the above two styles from them.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Go to Stuart about your concern in sizing.

He is used to this

I had concern about the sizing of my peacoat, I gave him my measurements and he advised me about which size to choose.

When I got it, it was a perfect fit.

Peacoat

Bartender
Go to Stuart about your concern in sizing.

He is used to this

I had concern about the sizing of my peacoat, I gave him my measurements and he advised me about which size to choose.

When I got it, it was a perfect fit.

Haven't heard from you in a while. How is your coat breaking in? How about posting some pictures. Would like to see how it looks after some wear.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Haven't heard from you in a while. How is your coat breaking in? How about posting some pictures. Would like to see how it looks after some wear.

I can post a few photos, no problem. I'll do it this week, promise.

As for the coat. I didn't need a lot of time to break the leather, this goatskin was and still is butter.

With my TNO Raiders, this coat is one of the most comfortable garment that I own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace