Lost Worlds "Factory"

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dlite90, Dec 7, 2020.

1. dlite90

dlite90 Familiar Face

The Lost Worlds' address is listed on their site as 89-15 Jamaica Ave, Queens. I recognized Jamaica Ave as some of my cousins live in that area and it's mostly a residential neighborhood so I was surprised. I pulled it up on Google Maps and found this building.

[​IMG]

Am I to take it this building is the "factory in new york" they mention on their website? It's a pretty long building so I guess he could be taking up the whole 2nd floor.
    Lost Worlds has always fascinated me because the entire site's self-made and the owner is pretty mysterious.

Is the entire Lost Worlds operation one guy on the second floor of a small retail building? I thought it would be more like a few people in a depot. Or maybe they do their work somewhere else, but his mail is sent here.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  2. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

From what i have seen before the LW "factory" is a small basement workshop where two people work.
    This thread is a bit cancerous but it has good pics on page 7:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/lost-worlds’-founder-stuart-interviewed.101380/page-7

Edit: Looks like the LW shop is the half drawn metal shutter just right of the yellow post on your pic.

jonbuilder, Edward and dannyk like this.
  3. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

4. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

It's a bit like Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory, except that the rent is a lot lower and it's staffed entirely by Oompa-Loompas in leather shorts humming 'Funkytown' and not blogging or eating biscotti.

5. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yep - it does not take a large amount of space to build leather jackets, especially a 2-4 person operation.

Sure looks crowded in there, and I wonder if it's up to codes for electrical and fire safety, etc? Then again it's quite similar to most cobbler shops I have visited.

nick123 likes this.
  6. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

1911 comes to mind honestly.

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  7. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

In my experience, the best things come from small places :)

willyto, regius and Vezio like this.
  8. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

my wife is the only woman I’ve convinced of this.:eek:

9. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

The Long Island City shop of Orchard is even smaller. Doesn’t really make any difference.

red devil and jonesy86 like this.
  10. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

The electric cord hanging from the light fixture is not likely code-compliant although I am not familiar with New York's electric code.

AeroFan_07 and JMax like this.