Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds J24 Black Horsehide

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So finally got a black leather jacket, after having gone in a wide circle :D
I had a brown jacket early on, the suburban, but then took a long time to get a black one. It is not the first one ordered, as I have an order with Goodwear (might not be black by the time my turn comes, if it ever does).
I flirted with black for quite some time, I wanted a RMC J-100 in shinki, the fit did not work and I got a red D-pocket Tenjin instead. At that time, I also tried a Flathead d-pocket that did not work as well.

So on to the jacket, 3.5oz was the recommended weight for this style, so I asked for a heavy 3.5oz to be chosen for this (there is always variance in the leathers, it's never exactly the number). This one should be between 3.5 and 4 as it feels heavier than my suburban. The black leather is quite different form the russet, it already came with some grain and character. My suburban needed a year and rain to show its hidden beauty. Curious as to how this one will evolve in a few month with some rides under the rain.

We have discussed here how we sometimes start to accept things the more we spend time in the lounge, case in point several members (including me) are considering a grizzly. This one is also a sign of my evolving taste, as when I initially started, I did not like too many studs and snaps, and getting a J24 is a clear sign, how I changed my mind. Now to be fair, while the J24 is loaded, it still does not look cheap or garish to my eyes at least. I guess seeing too many mall jackets with cheap hardware might be the reason for this initial distaste. And speaking of metal bits, these are all heavy duty, and not the cheap plastic stuff we have come to expect. It's refreshing :)

And now some pics :)

vNGGWC3.jpg

cIiXk6s.jpg

naGh5DS.jpg

EWqEiZN.jpg

1p6AgnR.jpg

0L1I1Qf.jpg

2vcv5ix.jpg

0mrmvgw.jpg

Ie2PKW2.jpg

uWr9Gs6.jpg

m5NEJh3.jpg

Jejupe

Practically Family
Beatiful jacket and nice fit! Congratz!

However I might need still few years at the lounge to see myself wearing one of these.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
I like em. Only thing holding me back is that because of the lack of opportunities i have to wear one, it would be two decades before i broke it in. If i see a used one in my size I’m all over it. Congrats. Looking forward to evolution pics.

Mich486

One Too Many
What a beast of a jacket! :)

A black cross-zip is not unseen around here but the studs take it to another new level! I yet have to see one of your jackets that is not a head-turner. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweetfights

Lost Worlds leather rocks and so do you in that awesome lifetime jacket!!
Congratulations !! Splendid looking grain. Timeless classic.

red devil

I like em. Only thing holding me back is that because of the lack of opportunities i have to wear one, it would be two decades before i broke it in. If i see a used one in my size I’m all over it. Congrats. Looking forward to evolution pics.

Opportunities can be created ;)
Considering that the Suburban took a good year and a half of everyday use and a few trips under heavy rain to show character, I need to use this one intensely indeed

What a beast of a jacket! :)

A black cross-zip is not unseen around here but the studs take it to another new level! I yet have to see one of your jackets that is not a head-turner. Keep it up!

Thanks! This place sure makes it easier to keep it going :D

Lost Worlds leather rocks and so do you in that awesome lifetime jacket!!
Congratulations !! Splendid looking grain. Timeless classic.

Thanks! I had been lusting over this for a long time :)

red devil

Love the jacket! Looks great on you. Don't think I could pull off the studs, but I am considering a J23.

Cant wait to see this age. NEVER seen a pic of a beat up Lost Worlds!!!

A J23 is definitely a very cool jacket, although if you look at the J24 long enough you will get used to the studs... That's possibly what happened to me :D

A beat up Lost Worlds seems impossible, about a year and a half of constant use, and my suburban is only showing character. Let me see how far I can go with this one :)

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
"A beat up Lost Worlds seems impossible, about a year and a half of constant use, and my suburban is only showing character. Let me see how far I can go with this one :)"

You may be right. Here are a couple of my Lost Worlds Jackets in horse. The first one is 4oz Heavy Horse on this Trojan and it is about 10 years old. I wear it sometimes but not as much as in the past.
The second is my Cold weather (for Tennessee) J-23 in 3.5oz to 4 oz Heavy Horsehide with quilted lining in the body and the sleeves. Super warm especially with the collar attached. The sleeve quilting is especially comfortable for riding. The J-23 is 3 to 4 years old. Both are just beginning to break in.
IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG

IMG_0257.JPG

red devil

"A beat up Lost Worlds seems impossible, about a year and a half of constant use, and my suburban is only showing character. Let me see how far I can go with this one :)"

You may be right. Here are a couple of my Lost Worlds Jackets in horse. The first one is 4oz Heavy Horse on this Trojan and it is about 10 years old. I wear it sometimes but not as much as in the past.
The second is my Cold weather (for Tennessee) J-23 in 3.5oz to 4 oz Heavy Horsehide with quilted lining in the body and the sleeves. Super warm especially with the collar attached. The sleeve quilting is especially comfortable for riding. The J-23 is 3 to 4 years old. Both are just beginning to break in. View attachment 128717
View attachment 128718
View attachment 128719
View attachment 128720

Both looking very good!! Thanks for sharing :)

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Amazing J24!! What a great jacket there, and my oh my what you have ever signed yourself up for with the break-in. You'll hopefully get it done in the next decade!

I am starting to really consider sending my J23 To Alan at Johnson Leathers to have the quilted lining removed. I believe I will get a lot more use out of it with a standard sateen or drill lining, I just find it's rather warm as is with the quilted liner in there. Only thing I would have changed if I was ordering it again.

IMG_5895.JPG IMG_5892.JPG

This is after about 7 months of use.

Here is a detailed shot of the quilted lining:

DSC_0093.JPG

red devil

Amazing J24!! What a great jacket there, and my oh my what you have ever signed yourself up for with the break-in. You'll hopefully get it done in the next decade!

I am starting to really consider sending my J23 To Alan at Johnson Leathers to have the quilted lining removed. I believe I will get a lot more use out of it with a standard sateen or drill lining, I just find it's rather warm as is with the quilted liner in there. Only thing I would have changed if I was ordering it again.

View attachment 128790 View attachment 128791

This is after about 7 months of use.

Here is a detailed shot of the quilted lining:

View attachment 128792

Yes the jacket is warm, need to see how that goes. Was still able to wear it for a ride yesterday as it had cooled down a bit.

Benny Holiday

Now there's a jacket that don't take no $#@& from anyone! The rest of us go from black leather to brown & maybe a blue. You go from red and now go to black! The J 24 rocks and so do you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner