Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lounge Downtime

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
We had a database table corruption, but we were able to fix it. During the downtime, I upgraded to the newest version of vBulletin, so you'll see some changes here and there.

Sorry for the interruption!

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I'm rebuilding the search index right now, so the server might not be as responsive as it is normally.

Justin B

One Too Many
Thank goodness. I haven't been able to post or see new threads since yesterday. I was starting to get the shakes without my FL fix.

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
Thanks for fixing the site and upgrading. I never realized how much time I spend on here reading and looking at the latest acquisitions.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
It's quite clear that the Lounge downtime is just another example of The General Decline in Standards Today! This would never have happened back in the 20's and 30's while Al Gore was busy wearing fedoras and inventing odd things like Internets.

Thanks for fixing it folks - much appreciated!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I'm not sure if this is a problem for everyone, or if it's just me on Google Chrome:

When inserting a link and "re-naming" it, the portion I would normally re-name is no longer highlighted. Instead, when I start typing what I want to rename the link, what I'm typing appears after it.

Example:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/forumdisplay.php?3-HatsHats forum

Prior to the down time, I would hit the link button, paste the url, and just type "Hats forum" to get Hats forum

Now, there's a bit more work involved. Please let me know if this is just me, or if it can be fixed.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I'm not sure if this is a problem for everyone, or if it's just me on Google Chrome:

When inserting a link and "re-naming" it, the portion I would normally re-name is no longer highlighted. Instead, when I start typing what I want to rename the link, what I'm typing appears after it.

Example:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/forumdisplay.php?3-HatsHats forum

Prior to the down time, I would hit the link button, paste the url, and just type "Hats forum" to get Hats forum

Now, there's a bit more work involved. Please let me know if this is just me, or if it can be fixed.
Thanks.

I don't like that either. It's a bug with the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy