Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LoveMyHats2 is ill. Your Thoughts and Prayers, Please.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I hate the news about Daniel's health, but Daniel, not knowing you, I still want you to know that you are in my wife and my own prayers.
Wishing you a speedy rcovery.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Daniel is one of the guys that has made this forum last. His humour and knowledge of shoes and commitment to the FL is missed while he is out of action. Get well mate!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Anyone have any news on Daniels condition?

Still hopeful. However, I have left him 2 messages on his cell-phone and gotten no response thus far. He is usually pretty good with messages. If anyone here got to actually speak with and deal with him, you'll know that he REALLY is a wonderful gentleman.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Hello;

I was able to have help to log into my Husband's account by one of the head bartender's, Scott.

There is so much to say, and I am so very exhausted both emotionally and physically. I do however want to thank all the friends that are here on the Fedora Lounge.

I wish I had something real positive to state, but I seem to be very lost at this point. I was asked a few days ago to think about having my Husband taken off the life support, and as it is, Daniel is barely hanging in there. The Hospital has so many staff and administrators that have asked me to sign documents to donate organs, and until you have been in that situation yourself, you just do not know what to do or to say.

My Husband is a fighter, his overall health has been very poor for some time. One too many heart attacks, and the complications from having aggressive M.S., yet for years, he has stayed cheerful and always cracking jokes. He is still fighting now. I've about lived at the Hospital, have had many family and friends to help give me some emotional support, and Daniel's life long friends and friends from the Military have been so very kind and helpful.

As to friends, I have to add to the list of such wonderful individuals that Daniel and I have come to know from the Fedora Lounge. There is no doubt that if he could speak to me, he would request that I say something kind and then with humor to everyone here. My Husband's appreciation to the Fedora Lounge and the members here, has made such a positive difference in his daily life.

There can not be enough kindness given back to everyone. I recall a few years ago while I was on eBay, looking at things to purchase, a kind soul David, was selling something and I requested how to be able to get my Husband on the Fedora Lounge. I could tell just from what David was saying on his eBay listing he was a decent person. From that moment on, Daniel has spent a vast amount of time being on the Fedora Lounge and he would always show me things for sale, reading information from one person to another. It is amazing how topics surface and how for the most part, everyone here has a good outlook towards life, and have decent values.

I have to thank you all. Each one of you. I could not list you name by name, as you are all a part of this wonderful place. Your prayers are so needed right now. I need them as much as my Husband needs them. As sad as it would be, I could see myself having to trade places with him without hesitation. But it would be like a pair of shoes, without one shoe being there. He is my other part, my half of life and love and day to day living. Some can marry in life and do what they do, I married forever and then some. We never fight, and have been what Daniel would say, still newly weds. If I had more energy and time, I would write what Daniel's life has been. It is almost midnight now, I have to do some things and head back to the Hospital.

I was told we all have the Lord in control of what we do and how things work each day. You can bet I have been asking him to let me keep my Husband, I am not ready for anything else. Bless everyone and thank you all so dearly.

Cindy

Cindy -

First off, I've been praying for the both of you daily. It hurt to read all of the terrible things the two of you have been going through. I'm really very sorry to hear it.

You married a wonderful man (as I'm sure you know) and as much as you say the Lounge has made a difference in Daniel's life, he has made that much of a difference here at the Lounge, and more. He is a very special person and his upbeat, positive outlook, and wonderful sense of humor made it better around here. Whenever I saw "LoveMyHats2" had posted in a thread I had been posting in, I knew it was going to be something to look forward to.

I know you're not giving up on your husband, and neither am I. I have faith in the Lord and I have faith in Daniel that he'll get better and we will all be blessed with his presence.

Sorry to gush and to ramble, but I think it's important to let people know what you're feeling, sometimes.

You already know, but rest assured, that you have the support of the Lounge. We're all here with you in spirit and hoping for the very best.

God bless you and Daniel,

-Tom

BR Gordon

One Too Many
We're all so sorry to hear that things are not improving. Your love and dedication is inspirational and we do know that you'll find the strength to continue.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh no. That is so sad. I bought a pair of boots from him and his messages were so friendly and considerate. He buffed the shoes for me before he shipped them and I know he often did that for other Loungers. Goin the extra mile just to bring some happiness. That's him. I know it looks bad but I send my best wishes to both of you.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Just wanted to log in and allow everyone to know my Husband is still on life support. I have had one long battle to keep him on the machines, and so far I am winning the battle.

I sure do wish I had something more positive to report. There is still some chances things can improve, and those chances are what I am counting on. Please do continue to say some prayers for the both of us. Ever since this took place, I have about lived at the hospital.

Thank you everyone so much.
Cindy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner