Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LUFTWAFFE jackets - Eagles who Dare to Wear..!

Jerekson

One Too Many
You have got to be kidding me. You bought that thing for $35?!?

Give me phone numbers, adresses, emails, faxes, ANYTHING!!!

That is the jacket!!!

fishmeok

Vendor
Hi- see the PM I sent you. Looks like the Guide isn't selling these anymore, but I see them on OFAS fairly often. look for the "Guide Gear" label inside...
Cheers
Mark

Jerekson

One Too Many
Alright thanks for the help. Too bad they don't seem to have them anymore. I'll try writing them...

ukali1066

Practically Family
That's an insane price ! That's less than £20 sterling !!!

I'm envious...I really want a Luftwaffe Experten style jacket

Well found mate...

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Those pocket flaps are a feature of that jacket but unfortunately not typical of a "Luftwaffe jacket"- if anything, atypical, although I have seen something similar on a wartime jacket. There were actually so many and diverse styles used in the early War that it would be difficult to nail ONE jacket style as being typical but this example doesn't really capture any of the details of any Luftwaffe-used jackets of the period. This is my opinion.

This is another of those cases where a "marketing expression" does not adequately, or honestly describe the product- like the old "Gurkha shorts" nut.
A replica should replicate.

But a leather jacket at that price is great when it meets one's own criteria.

B
T

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
Aharon Remez is rolling over in his grave. He flew a Spitfire for Britain in combat against the Germans and became the second commander of the Israeli Air Force.

200px-Aharon_Remez.jpg

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
At least you did not call me a, "Yank." :p

Would not be caught dead in a Nazi jacket, though a lot of Nazi pilots were caught that way by British, American, Canadian and ANZAC pilots. :eusa_clap

Come to think of it we do wear tri-corner hats, buckle-shoes, stockings, breeches, waistcoats, powdered wig.... But the, "red coat," is shunned here, we tend to go for blue.

ukali1066

Practically Family
I just like the cut and style of them, that fitted tight look you see in old WW2 photos, these pilots had style...you must admit....

And like the Kriegsmarine and Fallschirmjager, a lot of these guys weren't Nazi, just fighting for their country after a deranged leader brought the might of half the world against them...

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
[SIZE="1" said:
ukali1066]Has anyone bought one of these ?
The price is a very reasonable £78 Sterling [ $155 US ]
I understand they're made in India ?

Can anyone share their experiences/photos ?

Many thanks[/SIZE]
http://www.replicaters.com/luftwaffeuniforms.html

I've never purchased from them, but I've often gone out to their site to drool.
I too love the cut of this stuff. We have quite a Luftwaffe contingent at the CAF/AZWing
- used to fly a He-111 until it met it's fate in Wyoming (of all places!).

8ef5d298.jpg

Here's me in my 'German Air Force' uniform (nicht Nazi!)

-dixon cannon

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
There was, of course, no such thing as a leather 'Luftwaffe jacket' in this style. They were private purchase items and were usually either French or German cycling or 'outdoor' jackets. There were, as you say, a variety of styles as there are in modern cycling or outdoor wear. The details vary, but the most common thing seen in contemporary photgraphs is the cut - trim and short. Few modern examples i have seen capture this. I agree with the 'Ghurka shorts' analogy.

Wareings and others used to make similar styles in the UK. They turn up fom time to time. I have pre-war photographs of my father out with his cycling club wearing a similar jacket. For some reason, at the time both leather jackets (and cycling clubs) were associated with radical left wing politics and were, presumably anti-Nazi. Unless you subscribe to Norman Tebbit's view that Hitler was a communist...

Alan

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
OldSkoolFrat said:
Would not be caught dead in a Nazi jacket, though a lot of Nazi pilots were caught that way by British, American, Canadian and ANZAC pilots. :eusa_clap

Sorry old boy, I was under the impression WW2 was over??

If a fella likes the jacket then he likes the jacket!

This could be offensive, if we do have any German menbers left.:eek:fftopic:

James.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
As the man said: Don't mention the war!:eek:

To get back to the subject.
From older threads here - and in other forums - I have the impression that Replicaters are not all that good. many of their productpix are simply lifted from other websites. And the quality of their products are not always A1.
On the other hand, I have also read about folks getting good stuff from them - but they had to follow up very closely on the production - many of their items are not in stock - but produced when the order comes in.
In some examples: For the first time.
Just a word of warning.
Perhaps other loungers can chip in with their experiences - good or bad?

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Spitfire

This issue has been covered in depth on the RAF re-enactors' forum. As you say, experiences of Sanjay's company's work is mixed. The overall consensus appears to be that to get a completely accurate reproduction you need to provide him with a good original item. His people are very good at making copies, but items made from photographs (presumably including items he claims are 'ex stock') are less accurate. No surprise there then!

The question is, would you trust sending a valuable WW2 item halfway around the world to have it copied (and possibly risk having it taken apart)?

Alan

Spitfire said:
As the man said: Don't mention the war!:eek:

To get back to the subject.
From older threads here - and in other forums - I have the impression that Replicaters are not all that good. many of their productpix are simply lifted from other websites. And the quality of their products are not always A1.
On the other hand, I have also read about folks getting good stuff from them - but they had to follow up very closely on the production - many of their items are not in stock - but produced when the order comes in.
In some examples: For the first time.
Just a word of warning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy