Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LW Lee 101 HH jacket on Ebay -

majormajor

One Too Many
I was only thinking the other day (as I put my old 101 denim jacket on) that a leather one would be nice.

And blow me, here is one - far too small for me - I must've missed the fact that LW were making these. Doh!!:eeek:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lost-Worl...pt=UK_Men_s_Coats_Jackets&hash=item1e756dc81d

PS. I am not connected to the sale of this jacket. But if this constitutes advertising, Mods feel free to delete

Last edited:

schitzo

Suspended
And blow me

For anyone who might be unsure what the major means here, this is idiomatic - used as an exclamation of surprise. It comes (I believe) from the idiom 'blow me down with a feather'

I saw that jacket too and liked it, but it's so short

majormajor

One Too Many
My ideal jean jacket would be a cross between this:

leejacket.jpg

and this:

jeansjacketsuede404.jpg

The great thing about my old Levi Cowhide, back in the 60's, was the fact that it was unlined, so felt much like a jean jacket to wear. Also, and again for a minimalist feel, none of the seams were turned over - just flat hide - so a really easy jacket to wear, and worn in, it looked very cool.

My Levi Cowhide was pretty much the colour of the yellow suede (but with a leather collar), but I dislike the "Levi V" design of jacket nowadays (just too ubiquitous, I guess), so make me a yellow steerhide Lee 101 with unturned seams - I'll be your friend forever!!:D;)

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
My ideal jean jacket would be a cross between this:

leejacket.jpg

and this:

jeansjacketsuede404.jpg

The great thing about my old Levi Cowhide, back in the 60's, was the fact that it was unlined, so felt much like a jean jacket to wear. Also, and again for a minimalist feel, none of the seams were turned over - just flat hide - so a really easy jacket to wear, and worn in, it looked very cool.

My Levi Cowhide was pretty much the colour of the yellow suede (but with a leather collar), but I dislike the "Levi V" design of jacket nowadays (just too ubiquitous, I guess), so make me a yellow steerhide Lee 101 with unturned seams - I'll be your friend forever!!:D;)

I'm afraid that last comment of unmanly gratitude will see you barred by LW.

majormajor

One Too Many
Here's a pic of an old Levi's Cowhide. The unturned seams on the pocket and flaps are, hopefully, clear. Very cool, IMHO. Why modern companies complicate them so is beyond me:eeek::D;)

kgrhqzhjcgeedmb9llbpt7p.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot