Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Rumad

One Too Many
Gannon in gunmetal gray 100% nutria fur felt. The open crown is 6 1/8” and the brim is three (3) inches. The brim binding and the crown ribbon/bow are 3/8” and tone-on-tone. The simple and clean lines work well with an OR style bow. As per my request, the brim is a bit thicker and firmer. The brown is very thin and easily dry creased. As with my other nutria hats, the felt has more spring back than better beaver felt, but all the photos are all from dry creasing on a fence post :)

View attachment 414329 View attachment 414330 View attachment 414331 View attachment 414332 View attachment 414333 View attachment 414334

This is Sunrise’s 160g dress weight nutria felt. It’s large enough to allow for most any reasonable dress hat dimensions even at larger sizes.
That’s a great one Brent. Is that one of Michael’s felts, or your own?

I’ve asked Michael in the past for a brim curl such as those found on early 20th century westerns. Michael said he only had one size curling shackle and it was too small to produce the look I was after. Tonight he said he has acquired a new large diameter shackle similar to those used to curl the brims of homburgs. Michael thinks he can, with practice, replicate the brim curl I’m after. No word yet on him making homburgs. Just thought “you” might be interested.

Michael also eluded to the difficulty in getting hat bodies from Winchester. I ordered a black hat and asked for an October 1st delivery date…no use getting a black western felt hat in the middle of the summer.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I'm right behind you, Steven. Open crown Silverbelly with a Picadilli green ribbon. I can't wait!

Excellent choice. Now I am hungry!

DSC-4381-1537368899-M.jpg

Eric -

ILB Frank

One of the Regulars
Does anyone have an idea of how long the wait list is for a Gannon? I'm contemplating finally pulling the trigger on a Gannon in the next few weeks. Hopefully it could be ready come the fall?

("Contemplating" - personal definition... Convincing the wife to not have a $#! ^ fit about a hat.)

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
Does anyone have an idea of how long the wait list is for a Gannon? I'm contemplating finally pulling the trigger on a Gannon in the next few weeks. Hopefully it could be ready come the fall?

("Contemplating" - personal definition... Convincing the wife to not have a $#! ^ fit about a hat.)
I placed my order and got it Michael’s que at the end of November. He stated then he was at 5 months.
Steven

I just picked mine up and Michael was very close to his estimate of to 4 1/2 - 5 months.

So he was pretty accurate about when he would start the hat. Great. Looking forward to seeing the finished hat... Oh, and everyone else, hold off on getting in que for a bit, please ;/

The trick is to place an order every couple of months so you never have to wait too long for your next Gannon. :) If I could afford it that wouldn’t be a joke.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Michael sent me an email quicker than I thought! Yea for me! Incoming in about 2 weeks as Michael is getting in some new liner colors next week. What color should it be? Burgundy, blue, green, black, white??? Choices, choices, choice :)

(And, yes, it was about a 5 mo. lead time.)

Silverbelly and Piccadilly.

Western 1.jpg Western 2.jpg

I'm right behind you, Steven. Open crown Silverbelly with a Picadilli green ribbon. I can't wait!

Picadilli green ribbon! You’ve got my attention!

Excellent choice. Now I am hungry!

DSC-4381-1537368899-M.jpg

Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari