Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Mighty44

One Too Many
It is a stunner. The natural felt is a felt right up my alley. I do like the soft crown creased into a diamond. The vents!
Congrats on the dynamite hat that celebrates your special day. I hope that on your special day you got to celebrate with friends and family.

Cheers, Eric -

Congrats! What a terrific hat! You made some great design choices and as usual Mr Gannon knocks it out of the park. I love the vents too.

Wow -- what a hat! Exactly what you wanted as well. How did you know? ;)

Hope the rest of your birthday festivities went as well as this "surprise".

What a classy looking hat. The colors pair perfectly and the proportions are classic. I love the vents too.
Many happy returns.
Thank you, all. And thanks to Michael for the amazing work!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Great color choice, David. I've become a fan of green tone ribbons myself.

Birthday present to myself this year—a new Gannon in Natural. Absolutely perfect, every detail is a pleasure to consider. Inspired by the Strat clone I posted the other day, I opted for a 2 3/8 brim. Even if the vent holes are more decorative than functional, I love them!

Cheers,

David
IMG_9491.jpeg
View attachment 512284 View attachment 512285 View attachment 512286 View attachment 512287

hambone71

Practically Family
I'm in the queue as of a month ago and he told me 2-3 months. The type of felt I'm looking for he has in stock, which affects the wait time.
What color and dimensions are you going with?

I have chosen natural dress weight beaver, 5 1/2” open crown, 2 5/8” brim, 3/8” ribbon in a color that I’m calling mauve. Basically an OR/Stratoliner clone that will be shipped with an open crown for me to crease. Of course, nothing is set in stone as production has not yet started.

I had been set on Natural for a couple of months with granite as my number 2. Michael sent me an email telling me he would be starting mine soon. I had just started leaning towards granite but he said granite was out of stock and unsure of when he would get it. I flipped back to Natural and I’m happy with that decision.

I have chosen natural dress weight beaver, 5 1/2” open crown, 2 5/8” brim, 3/8” ribbon in a color that I’m calling mauve. Basically an OR/Stratoliner clone that will be shipped with an open crown for me to crease. Of course, nothing is set in stone as production has not yet started.

I had been set on Natural for a couple of months with granite as my number 2. Michael sent me an email telling me he would be starting mine soon. I had just started leaning towards granite but he said granite was out of stock and unsure of when he would get it. I flipped back to Natural and I’m happy with that decision.
Natural is a great coloured felt.

hambone71

Practically Family
Update: Production has started on my hat. He actually completed the felt work last night. After speaking with Michael, we have decided to make the brim width 2 3/4”. He has pounced the crown a little more to give it a slightly lighter weight and better for creasing. He said the hat will ship on Monday.

@deadlyhandsome Hope that gives you some insight on current wait times.

Update: Production has started on my hat. He actually completed the felt work last night. After speaking with Michael, we have decided to make the brim width 2 3/4”. He has pounced the crown a little more to give it a slightly lighter weight and better for creasing. He said the hat will ship on Monday.

@deadlyhandsome Hope that gives you some insight on current wait times.

Thanks. His queue gets shorter as the weather warms. I’ve tried to get him to offer straw (milan is me preference) hats but he’s not interested and there is a lot of specialized tooling required.

Natural is one of my favorite felt colors and I have more custom hats in natural than any other color. I also think that 2 ¾” for the brim is a great call. Looking forward to seeing your Gannon!

mullitt

Familiar Face

I am going for a natural western weight beaver. I’m finally having my dream western made in the style of those old Stetson and Big Bill hats that are always too small for me (and you too). Tall straight crown, big curled brim with binding. Light colored ribbon.

Last edited:

hambone71

Practically Family
Thanks. His queue gets shorter as the weather warms. I’ve tried to get him to offer straw (milan is me preference) hats but he’s not interested and there is a lot of specialized tooling required.

Natural is one of my favorite felt colors and I have more custom hats in natural than any other color. I also think that 2 ¾” for the brim is a great call. Looking forward to seeing your Gannon!
I’ll post up some pics as they become available to me.

hambone71

Practically Family
I am going for a natural western weight beaver. I’m finally having my dream western made in the style of those old Stetson and Big Bill hats that are always too small for me (and you too). Tall straight crown, big curled brim with binding. Light colored ribbon.
Sounds very interesting. I was on the fence about having a western hat made but chose one that would much more often where I live. But a good western is still on my bucket list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21