Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks Everybody ! I think its GORGEOUS !

Naw the Pecan was the Numero Uno , THIS is Natural Beaver with tan/beige 7/8" (1") wanderer mid-width Frayed Ribbon , I love it , and was going on a couple of Alan's for inspiration , the main one had cream 90 years ago , but had changed .
Oh ok...makes sense now. (Blonde moment here)....hahahah

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations on a very handsome hat. Check out this post and thread for more information on the Stetson trademarked sweatband "The Fray" and its namesake.

Oh Yeah Alan , I sent almost every picture of Hats and their Ribbons . Next to impossible for me to get a REAL Fray , but the Ribbon Imitation (the most sincere form of flattery) was as close as I could get . I think that Ribbon would look Spectacular on a Pecan , also . Like the Cream , or Beige . I began with Limestone (which actually doesn't exist) , but I found a color called Rice that looked pretty close to me , but ... Michael and Michael decided on something similar to the pictures of your Hat/Hats ...

071415.jpg
icm_fullxfull.95647187_h2hqcndn620oowgcs0o4.jpg

Inspiration is All Yours ... . Thank you !

icm_fullxfull.92252606_q5t9dqp81sg84swoo4o0.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Yeah Alan , I sent almost every picture of Hats and their Ribbons . Next to impossible for me to get a REAL Fray , but the Ribbon Imitation (the most sincere form of flattery) was as close as I could get . I think that Ribbon would look Spectacular on a Pecan , also . Like the Cream , or Beige . I began with Limestone (which actually doesn't exist) , but I found a color called Rice that looked pretty close to me , but ... Michael and Michael decided on something similar to the pictures of your Hat/Hats ...

View attachment 53125 View attachment 53126

Inspiration is All Yours ... . Thank you !

View attachment 53127

That hat looks fantastic on you! Nice to see your look!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I recently pulled myself out of line

there seemed to be a bit of a logjam when Michaels sweatband supplier sent a box of sweats to the wrong address ... I thought I could alleviate some stress by postponing my order and also taking some stress off my bank account since I have a VS in motion

this most recent picture made me regret my decision :)

I'll be in line for my pecan curled brim raw edge western very soon ...

looking forward to seeing that Moss Jim ... that's kind of a cool bluesman nickname .... Moss Jim

I recently pulled myself out of line

there seemed to be a bit of a logjam when Michaels sweatband supplier sent a box of sweats to the wrong address ... I thought I could alleviate some stress by postponing my order and also taking some stress off my bank account since I have a VS in motion

this most recent picture made me regret my decision :)

I'll be in line for my pecan curled brim raw edge western very soon ...

looking forward to seeing that Moss Jim ... that's kind of a cool bluesman nickname .... Moss Jim

Given your info on the sweats, I don't expect to have it in hand before the end of August at this point. Plenty of time to save up for the third one!

A western for you? That will be a bit of a change of pace. That and the raw edge. We all tend to favor those bound brims, but the raw edge has a pretty classic look. I went with a raw edge on my Gus Miller, and I really like the look.

KY Crusader

A-List Customer

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Given your info on the sweats, I don't expect to have it in hand before the end of August at this point. Plenty of time to save up for the third one!

A western for you? That will be a bit of a change of pace. That and the raw edge. We all tend to favor those bound brims, but the raw edge has a pretty classic look. I went with a raw edge on my Gus Miller, and I really like the look.

he got the sweats a couple days later and is back on pace as far as I know

and my next Gannon will be this ... it's about as western as I will go

absolutely love it

Screen_Shot_2016_07_17_at_12_29_02_PM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80