Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Hey all, I ordered a hat from Michael back in May and today it's finally done and ready to ship! I just wanted to point out that we have 73 message thread on Etsy, so it's safe to say communication has been perfect. I was annoyingly indecisive as well, and he put up with it. In fact, he even changed the ribbon style last minute for me no questions asked. Highly recommend him so far, can't wait to see this thing in real life. Basically a dream hat for me!

5 3/4 crown
Pecan beaver
2 1/4 brim
Steel blue ribbon

Here is the pic he sent. I will post more when it arrives.

gorgeous !!!

Michael is fantastic

wear it in good health my friend

philosophy101

A-List Customer
Just received my new Gannon. The felt is beaver. Color is sand with matching 3/8" binding and 5/8" ribbon. 2-1/2" brim. I don't know the precise open crown height; I just asked Michael to shape the crown for me "to a moderate height," but it's about 4" at the front crease, a bit lower at the back of the crown. The workmanship is absolutely impeccable. Michael was communicative throughout the process, and delivered when promised (about two months). He is totally committed to producing the best possible product. This will be my "go to" hat. Thank you, Michael, for your dedication to your craft!
Gannon_Sand_Side.jpg

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Just received my new Gannon. The felt is beaver. Color is sand with matching 3/8" binding and 5/8" ribbon. 2-1/2" brim. I don't know the precise open crown height; I just asked Michael to shape the crown for me "to a moderate height," but it's about 4" at the front crease, a bit lower at the back of the crown. The workmanship is absolutely impeccable. Michael was communicative throughout the process, and delivered when promised (about two months). He is totally committed to producing the best possible product. This will be my "go to" hat. Thank you, Michael, for your dedication to your craft! View attachment 53853
Wonderful looking hat. Timeless perfection!

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Hey all, I ordered a hat from Michael back in May and today it's finally done and ready to ship! I just wanted to point out that we have 73 message thread on Etsy, so it's safe to say communication has been perfect. I was annoyingly indecisive as well, and he put up with it. In fact, he even changed the ribbon style last minute for me no questions asked. Highly recommend him so far, can't wait to see this thing in real life. Basically a dream hat for me!

5 3/4 crown
Pecan beaver
2 1/4 brim
Steel blue ribbon

Here is the pic he sent. I will post more when it arrives.
You certainly ended up with a winner! Distinctive and classic at the same time.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Just received my new Gannon. The felt is beaver. Color is sand with matching 3/8" binding and 5/8" ribbon. 2-1/2" brim. I don't know the precise open crown height; I just asked Michael to shape the crown for me "to a moderate height," but it's about 4" at the front crease, a bit lower at the back of the crown. The workmanship is absolutely impeccable. Michael was communicative throughout the process, and delivered when promised (about two months). He is totally committed to producing the best possible product. This will be my "go to" hat. Thank you, Michael, for your dedication to your craft! View attachment 53853

Nice lid. I like the color.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
How did I miss these Posts and Philosophy101 Super Hat ! Love the Sand ! And my Natural is Spectacular to me , I couldn't be more pleased . These will give those thinking of a Custom , not only with Michael , but Tim something to look at and consider ...

I recalled @ingineer Posting the colors back at Post #159 (I saved it) ... Winchester Beaver Colors ...

colour_175039.jpg

Attachments

• icm_fullxfull.94113167_9cvhqg4crqoss0cosgoc.jpg
    icm_fullxfull.94113167_9cvhqg4crqoss0cosgoc.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 279

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Michael has just finished blocking his latest creation for me in bone felt. Now I have to decide on a ribbon. From what he currently has available, I've narrowed it down to: #1) a 1 3/4" medium brown (which Michael says it is actually lighter than it appears in the picture); or #2) a 1 3/4" champagne (which Michael says it comes close to matching the color of the felt).

I like them both, but am leaning towards the champagne.

Any comments from the gallery? I've learned so much from you guys (and gals); and I really do value your opinions.

thumbnail_med brown wider.jpg
thumbnail_champagne.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred