Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

ShanghaiJack

One of the Regulars
Mr Gannon finished my Black Cherry, my Dillinger hat and sent me this pics

f30ec6d263c0e716d305ddff82b4da33.jpg
a8ea5c8086a83e228b6d2f1bc860e2b5.jpg
1f972fd1ed591d1bd96930d4fe522641.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Absolute perfection...!!!

bradlon727

New in Town
I am in line for one of Michael's creations and I'm trying to decide between black or black cherry. He is sending out some felt samples to help me decide. I have seen photos where bc is almost as dark as black and other times when it has a plum like color. I know that it went through a color change a while ago and it's not as vivid as it used to be, but for members that have this felt, how would you describe it?

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
@Chamuco, this is absolutely, positively STUNNING. What color is the brim treatment?

I've been corresponding with Michael for a few weeks now, and I'm next in line for a lid.
Bone with a 2 inches rust ribbon, brim is just binded in a matching color.

Will have it in my hands by. Saturday or monday

ConsiderMeMilesDavis

One of the Regulars
FELT: Silvermist
RIBBON: 1 1/2", Light Grey
TRIM: 3/8", Light Grey
CROWN: 5 3/4"
BRIM: 2 3/4"

It's based upon @Chamuco's (image below) and @Short Balding Guy's silvermist lids with 40s Whippet specs provided by @moontheloon (THANK YOU gents!).

Gannon Hat Company_Silvermist_Light Gray.png

My only change is that the ribbon and trim will math. With that much off-white color, I'm anticipating it being reserved for formal occasions or when I'm feeling fancy — what my grandfather referred to as his "church hat." Mine will get more than Sunday wear, however.

Already scheming my next order with Michael in "bone."

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

It's based upon @Chamuco's (image below) and @Short Balding Guy's silvermist lids with 40s Whippet specs provided by @moontheloon (THANK YOU gents!).

View attachment 50115

My only change is that the ribbon and trim will math. With that much off-white color, I'm anticipating it being reserved for formal occasions or when I'm feeling fancy — what my grandfather referred to as his "church hat." Mine will get more than Sunday wear, however.

Think about the next one, you will love it, and this ones are addictive....you have been warned my friend

Congrats on your new hat...

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 50115

very much looking forward to seeing it ... sounds beautiful

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Hey guys , I made my request April 30 , whose ahead of me and whose behind me ?

Mine are : Pure Beaver
Pecan - 6" crown , 2 3/4" brim with thin chocolate ribbon and trim

Dark Brown - ( Alan-ish Anthony) 6" crown , 2 5/8 brim same ( I'm a copy cat) ribbon and trim as Moon .

Michael said approximately 8 weeks back then . (Might change to 2 3/4" brim on both, thinking )

Beautiful Hats Gentlemen !

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

Dark Brown - ( Alan-ish Anthony) 6" crown , 2 5/8 brim same ( I'm a copy cat) ribbon and trim as Moon .

Michael said approximately 8 weeks back then . (Might change to 2 3/4" brim on both, thinking )

sounds gorgeous ... both of them

just heard from Michael today saying that he will be starting my moss green hat this coming week ... so we sured up specifics

not sure if I am ahead or behind you though

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Moon I think you'd already received 3 and for sure already mentioned the dark moss before that . He may have ordered that already and had to order my beaver bodies , never know .

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon I think you'd already received 3 and for sure already mentioned the dark moss before that . He may have ordered that already and had to order my beaver bodies , never know .

my moss was originally ordered before my dark brown but I swapped so he may have had the body already

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

I know my 4th should be ahead of yours, I ordered it about 2 months ago.

Anyway last week I told Michael I wasnt in a hurry for it so he could make a couple hats before mine from other people who were behind...

Sent from Starship Enterprise NCC-1701-D
T

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24