Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's just 5.75 - 6" inch tall crown with a deep diamond crease, a 2.75" brim and whatever ribbon(s) you want.

The dark moss has what Michael and I started calling the "Rodolfo" ribbon treatment, with 2 highlight colors in the bowkeep.

My natural has a Knox or Dobbs twisted style bowkeep.

Are there other details you're wondering about?
Not really, but thanks very much for asking. I''m working with Mikael at Hufvud on a hat in his Fepsa dark moss and am still playing with the style I want to go with. If you don't mind, I may be referencing the photos you posted: the 6" crown would be a bit adventurous for me, but with a deep diamond it would be a good idea.

Tukwila

Not really, but thanks very much for asking. I''m working with Mikael at Hufvud on a hat in his Fepsa dark moss and am still playing with the style I want to go with. If you don't mind, I may be referencing the photos you posted: the 6" crown would be a bit adventurous for me, but with a deep diamond it would be a good idea.
You might pm @scottyrocks and take a look at his green hat from Hufvud, too.

Tukwila

Michael is shipping the Blue Smoke tomorrow. Raw edge, very old vintage ribbon called Lagoon for the crown. It looks so nice I'm second guessing my decision to go with the raw brim...

Attachments

• Blue Smoke_Lagoon_01.jpg
    Blue Smoke_Lagoon_01.jpg
    743.2 KB · Views: 828
  • Blue Smoke_Lagoon_02.jpg
    Blue Smoke_Lagoon_02.jpg
    978.7 KB · Views: 871
Michael is shipping the Blue Smoke tomorrow. Raw edge, very old vintage ribbon called Lagoon for the crown. It looks so nice I'm second guessing my decision to go with the raw brim...

You know, I once saw a Gannon in natural and slate that old Fed Oregon had made and I shamelessly copied every detail. I think I might have to try that trick again...I still have one blue smoke felt left.

Gorgeous hat!

Tukwila

Hey, I wasn’t joking. I already sent Michael an email about the hat. Yours looks dynamite!
I didn't think you were kidding. Good for you, man! Go for it! And make it better if you can think of something.... like @Bill Hughes did with the Silverbelly/Old Copper he commissioned from NW Hats... better than the original!

This shows the ribbon in sunlight...

lagoon 16L.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Wow. Blue smoke with Lagoon is spectacular in the pics. Like Brent said, I can not wait to see it creased and some head shots. That is a hat!

I didn't think you were kidding. Good for you, man! Go for it! And make it better if you can think of something.... like @Bill Hughes did with the Silverbelly/Old Copper he commissioned from NW Hats... better than the original!

This shows the ribbon in sunlight...

View attachment 234441

The lagoon brings the blue tones to the surface of your blue mist fedora. Jeepers that is a gorgeous felt fedora. Congrats.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Steamed in a deep diamond crease for daughter and added some steam to bring the front brim down a bit more.

I got this dark moss felt body from VS when Art retired. It was pretty stiff and too small for my block head and the tall, wide brimmed hat I wanted. But daughter's size 7-1/8 head allowed for a 5-3/4" crown and 2-3/4" brim.

Knowing the quality/state of the body, I was ready for a hat with fairly average, stiff felt. Boy, was I wrong in assuming that! Michael did miracles on this felt! It's not so stiff anymore and the pouncing produced a really nice, velvety smooth hand. The hand is every bit as nice as my natural Gannon fedora... which IMO is my best custom for "feel" and I just assumed it had a lot to do with the character of natural felt as opposed to dyed felt. Not so sure about that anymore. Great job by Michael!

The hat on your daughter is just astounding. I cannot stop looking at it (and that's not because it's on the young lady].

I think everything I would have said about it has already been said. I'm blown away.

Tukwila

Hey, I wasn’t joking. I already sent Michael an email about the hat. Yours looks dynamite!
Well, you will be getting the first hat like that.... mine got stolen today, just minutes before the mailman arrived to take it away for shipping. I was so pumped up and looking forward to that hat, I almost cried, LOL!

Michael is as shocked as I am. He has been over the top at trying to make this right so I'm not worried at all on that front. But what a bummer.

My Dad used to say, "it's just things, and we can replace those." Thank goodness we're all healthy and safe, right?

My name is on the sweatband.... so some day when I'm visiting in Cali I may just see my one of a kind fedora and... it'll be on cuz! LOL.

Well, you will be getting the first hat like that.... mine got stolen today, just minutes before the mailman arrived to take it away for shipping. I was so pumped up and looking forward to that hat, I almost cried, LOL!

Michael is as shocked as I am. He has been over the top at trying to make this right so I'm not worried at all on that front. But what a bummer.

My Dad used to say, "it's just things, and we can replace those." Thank goodness we're all healthy and safe, right?

My name is on the sweatband.... so some day when I'm visiting in Cali I may just see my one of a kind fedora and... it'll be on cuz! LOL.

PM sent

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

WOW! Honestly the audacity of miscreants! I feel for the distress and heartfelt loss of your long expected fedora. Take a man's hat - Dang - Loosers!

Doug, your hat will have some stories when it surfaces.

Sorry to hear.

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family

That sucks Doug. I guess we all better start putting those "The hell it's yours..." tags in our hats before we ship them off.

Tukwila

The replacement hat made it. We tried to use some of the bluesmoke felt bodies that Brent had, but they were too small for the hat I wanted (6" x 2-3/4").

So Michael emailed a FEPSA beaver felt called gunsmoke. It's a darker grey with hints of blue in it. I went with the Lagoon ribbon again, which is kind of lavender-grey vintage ribbon.

I was impressed by how soft/maleable the crown is with this one. Very nice indeed.

I'll post Michael's pic first as it is closest to true colors. My cell phone camera just doesn't take decent pics anymore.

This is a dry crease. FEPSA felt definitely has some good feel to the hand and the bash-ability. Will still hit it with some steam to "set" the crease later on.

Gannon Gunsmoke_Lagoon_02 FEPSA.jpeg
Gannon Gunsmoke_02.jpeg
Gannon Gunsmoke_04.jpeg

Attachments

• Gannon Gunsmoke_05.jpeg
    Gannon Gunsmoke_05.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 572
  • Gannon Gunsmoke_06.jpeg
    Gannon Gunsmoke_06.jpeg
    426.2 KB · Views: 579

Forum statistics

Threads