Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

srcphoto

New in Town
Keep me updated. I want to try a green ribbon on my next Gannon.

Cheers,
I went with Slate in the end. It has this subtle smokey hue, floating between grey and brown with mauve undertones in certain light. Very lustrous and wonderfully suited to the natural felt. Very complimentary. Ashen green was a close call, and the tie breaker for me was the wifey, who has to look at my mug daily.

Rumad

One Too Many
I haven’t had the time to take any ‘proper’ pictures of my new Gannon Highwayman, but I couldn’t bear seeing this thread all the way down on page 6. Giving the Gannon folks some love. My new Steel Highwayman, a la HurricaneJack. Hope to get back with some real pics soon. Be well y’all.
C9D1E342-054B-44DD-92AA-E008AF12D4F2.jpeg
F8CCBA12-9719-4D63-8103-64B361780E61.jpeg
9F39249B-5C02-4BE7-B363-104AF86E5027.jpeg

StoryPNW

Practically Family
Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Nice bone color hat!
What color or shade is the hatband and binding?
Thanks

Thanks for the hat compliment sir.

i-nVSQ5CM-M.jpg

The bone Gannon Wanderer that is on my hat rack has a sage ribbon insert. It does really offer an eye attracting mid-ribbon treatment. The sweatband I believ is the standard offer treated brown leather. I only have one untreated leather, mushroom, and found it soaked up prespiration to easily for my tastes.

Bone felt is terrific, IMO. It, like other beaver felts, does not show dirt and soil easily. Dirt brushes off as it does with other beaver felts. It is exactly as the name suggests, bone hued.

Here it is showcased with (bottom most hat clockwise) silvrbelly, bone and silvermist.

i-R9j4c4S-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

ptjoe

Familiar Face
Really nice!
Thanks so much for the reply, greatly appreciated.
Never would have thought sage, very interesting.
I'm looking at bone color hat offered by Agnoulita hats and trying to see what shade of ribbon to go with?
You offered me some alternative.
Living in Florida I'm looking for that light color hat to wear daily.
I don't want a dark ribbon.
I don't know exactly what color ribbon will match the felt.
The sage is nice.

crawlinkingsnake

A-List Customer
I haven’t had the time to take any ‘proper’ pictures of my new Gannon Highwayman, but I couldn’t bear seeing this thread all the way down on page 6. Giving the Gannon folks some love. My new Steel Highwayman, a la HurricaneJack. Hope to get back with some real pics soon. Be well y’all.
View attachment 409250 View attachment 409251 View attachment 409252
Love the looks of your Highwayman. Is that a bound edge, curled brim? Thinking I'm gonna have to have one for myself!

Rumad

One Too Many
My current and only, so far Gannon product.
This is just my second, I was a long time, loyal customer of Art Fawcett. One thing I can tell you about Michael Gannon; he can build a dang hat. I don’t get hats as often as some of the folks around here; one a year, sometimes more sometimes less. I need them to be perfect. He’s knocked it out of the park. And he’s a good guy.

My latest Gannon: pure beaver in the steel color. Michael just called the 2 1/8” wide ribbon dark blue. The wider binding is tone-on-tone. The open crown is just over 6 1/8 inches open and the brim is a full three inches wide. The felt has almost a suede/antelope finish and is buttery soft. The hat encourages you to only touch the brim because the crown is so moldable that the crease will change if you touch it. It’s not the paper thin felt of some vintage hats, but it’s not too far from it. The felt also has a bit more spring back than the best vintage felt, but all my shaping has been done dry and it holds a crease well. Absolutely fantastic hat! Michael works magic with felt.

B549F69E-8556-4698-A6C6-54D297D69503.jpeg
15AE497F-1657-4AB7-8D57-35F20F166B1E.jpeg
B3D364C6-FCCD-460F-8631-29EB359E0AB3.jpeg
F2972401-3596-48DE-A917-81AE08F42CDA.jpeg
AEDB1465-CD95-41F1-B0E3-095FF6C0B104.jpeg
1D8CEDD5-D667-46E4-B453-07F8F9ECCC3F.jpeg

Rumad

One Too Many
My latest Gannon: pure beaver in the steel color. Michael just called the 2 1/8” wide ribbon dark blue. The wider binding is tone-on-tone. The open crown is just over 6 1/8 inches open and the brim is a full three inches wide. The felt has almost a suede/antelope finish and is buttery soft. The hat encourages you to only touch the brim because the crown is so moldable that the crease will change if you touch it. It’s not the paper thin felt of some vintage hats, but it’s not too far from it. The felt also has a bit more spring back than the best vintage felt, but all my shaping has been done dry and it holds a crease well. Absolutely fantastic hat! Michael works magic with felt.

View attachment 409955 View attachment 409956 View attachment 409957 View attachment 409958 View attachment 409959 View attachment 409961
Superb. I absolutely love this one Brent. Good one for WAR day too. A favorite of mine. Congrats.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Another Gannon beauty!

View attachment 409955 View attachment 409956 View attachment 409957 View attachment 409958 View attachment 409959 View attachment 409961

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112