Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.I.S.C.H.I.E.F. (Mainly In Stingily-Cut Hats Is Excellence Found)

docneg

One of the Regulars
Visigoth said:
This Rorschach hat is my ideal stingy, I think
Did you ever notice how Ditko drew The Creeper, The Question, and Mr. A all wearing stingies with wide bands? Makes you wonder what he covers his head with.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Here's a chocolate brown Knox Hallmark with a 2" brim and a 5" crown.
3440176610_546b42613e.jpg

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Anyone know if it's possible to change the name of a thread that you've started? (I think that "MISCHIEF" would in fact be better as "Mainly In Stingily Cut Hats is Excellence Found".)

Visigoth said:
Anyone know if it's possible to change the name of a thread that you've started? (I think that "MISCHIEF" would in fact be better as "Mainly In Stingily Cut Hats is Excellence Found".)
If you still have the EDIT option on your first post, then there is an GO ADVANCED option that should give you a chance to edit the name as well. HTH

Visigoth

A-List Customer
daizawaguy: I'm particularly keen on knowing what the top three are. Also the blue one bottom left. Deep Mischief.

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Wall of Stingies

3448000583_97337f9f63_o.jpg

1. Dobbs 22 Guild Edge
2. Dobbs 20 Guild Edge
3. Dobbs (great hat with "CushionAire")
4. Knox 20 Custom Edge
5. Churchill
6. Knox (not so stingy; quite old; Ovalized 16ths; used to have bound brim with pencil curl)

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
Very mischevious!

January2009006-4.jpg

Top to bottom, L to R

Pierce, Schoble, Art

Art, Art, Optimo

Art, Optimo, Bob by Art

Nothin over 2" there...camel is the stingiest...1 3/4"!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Visigoth said:
There seems to be some controversy over my choice of stingy icon. Maybe this guy will be more acceptable:

tomwaits1.jpg

If Tom Waits wears it, then it IS cool! I have always been a big-brim person, but the hat I wear most is 2 1/8 - it just seems to look better on me.

So I finally succumbed and read your stingy threads. Most of you really look great in the stingies...but having read in the older stingy thread that Bogart wore 2 1/4 at most, I'm wondering, "What brim actually is a stingy?" I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't find anything.

MeDobbs.jpg

Visigoth

A-List Customer
We've debated the width of Bogie's brim a fair bit. Kind of hard to figure out. (Apart from everything else, I've always felt that his head was a peculiar size relative to his body -- who knows its dimensions?)

What he definitely made canonical is my favorite combination: a narrow (if not precisely stingy) brim, with a huge, deeply bashed crown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters