Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Style Competition

Kadri

Familiar Face
PADDY said:
PADDYMENZ.jpg

Fantastic,Paddy! :eusa_clap

Everyone's done a great job.

I've seen the series on cable,but haven't payed much attention to it.
Have to change that.

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
Senator Jack said:
Thanks guys. I should hope I own that era. I'm doing it since I was 16 years old! (But, admittedly, not so good then. You live, you learn.)

:eek:fftopic: I don't suppose you have any photos of your younger self working this look? Just curious what loungers used to get up to. :)

This pic is from about twenty years ago. Note the problematic hair and not quite perfect tie for the look. Check out the tapered trousers, though. You used to be able to find tailors that knew how to peg them properly back then. Now there's no one who can do it.

oacjack.jpg

Before the internet, when dinosaurs roamed and I was a younger man, it was sort of difficult to put a vintage look together. There were no forums to glean information from so you just had to experiment. It did make for some awful combinations and luckily those pics are buried in a basement somewhere.

Regards,

Jack

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mad (men) dash here, but...

Here's a pic from today...(more to follow) in an hour or so.

Oh, January is just making up a few more cocktails in the kitchen, here, so she's shouting something through, just a moment ..."What's that sweetie? oh right!!"
*Sorry* about that folks, but January's just apologising for not being in the photos (something about her AMC contract), plus she's all of a flutter in the kitchen making up another Champagne cocktail for us. Hey-Ho, it's a hard life being an Irish MadMan.

madmen007.jpg

CLICKABLES...

donCarlos

Practically Family
Well... I´ve never seen a single episode, but I´ve seen the pictures. And as my uncle learned english from songs, I learned to dress from the pictures :) It can´t compete with Paddy´s photos, but it certainly looks like 60´s.

DSCF8213copy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace