Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Make up application Tips?

Miztorif

New in Town
Im in an experimentation stage with my make up- I went for a long time not wearing anything. Ive switched over to the "cold cream method" at night, my red patches seem to be improving. Im using Witch Hazel as a toner. Physicians Formula with Collagen for moisturizer.
Im trying liquid foundation as the mineral make up seems to settle into the wrinkles even with a primer- which is another new item I bought. Since budget is an issue I chose Rimmell for both the primer and foundation and Coty airspun powder.
Does anyone know of any 1940s make up for people with olive skin? Im part filipino. Heres a quick pic of me just to give you an idea of what Im dealing with and honestly, I think its my application of the make up thats causing the problem.
19545_1271414877977_1608031714_655956_4160869_n.jpg

Any help would be really appreciated.

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
Hi Tori,
:eek:fftopic: Wow you have gorgeous hair!
I use an Avon concealer: Perfect wear total coverage concealer in medium.It comes in a little pot. I have olive skinned but I'm not that tanned at the moment. I find it really covers well. I make sure my skin is really moisturised first (as this concealer is quite thick)then apply it and blend, then I follow with an Avon foundation and finish it off with a dusting of powder. I am not sure if you have the same products as us here in Oz, so maybe some of the other gals have a suggestion? I found mineral powder foundation pretty useless myself, I have only ever used it over the top of foundation. I just find it simply doesn't have enough coverage.

Miztorif

New in Town

Alot of my problem Im finding is my skin wont stay moisturized throughout the day. Within an hour Im dry- and then my "T" zone starts up and I have an oil slick in the middle of my face surrounded by the Sahara desert. Does anyone know of a long lasting day moisturizer?

:eek:fftopic:
I did find a large size tub of St Ives Fresh skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer. I tried it last night, this morning seems nice but Ive been down this road so many times.....

So much of what Im reading on the FL is such great information and Im really trying everything. Ill look into the Avon- Im waiting on some Mary Kay foundation at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav