Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Man barred for showing belly

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I don't know what this man's medical condition is, but it's possible that his clothes fit when he put them on in the morning. I know because I've had that experience lately. And when my sister was a child, she was on medication that made her swell up like a balloon.

dr greg

One Too Many
short shrift

I notice he is wearing Stubbies, the legendary australian workshorts
http://www.stubbies.com.au/About-Us/default.asp
and if that is the outfit he wore to the club, then it tells you all you need to know about the dress standards of the local population.
I'm surprised that shoes were required.
I no longer wear stubbies as I'm not spending 10 hours a day on jackhammers anymore, but they are an iconic garment of our culture, and classic workwear, but as dinner attire only suitable around a bush barbie or the like.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
dr greg said:
I notice he is wearing Stubbies, the legendary australian workshorts
http://www.stubbies.com.au/About-Us/default.asp
and if that is the outfit he wore to the club, then it tells you all you need to know about the dress standards of the local population.
I'm surprised that shoes were required.
I no longer wear stubbies as I'm not spending 10 hours a day on jackhammers anymore, but they are an iconic garment of our culture, and classic workwear, but as dinner attire only suitable around a bush barbie or the like.

Thanks, I had a flash, in slo-mo no less, of him operating a jackhammer. :eusa_doh:

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tony in Tarzana said:
Ah. A picture's worth a thousand words. His shirt isn't too short, his trousers are too low. He needs to look into pants that come up to the natural waistline.

His belly isn't really any bigger than mine, and that's what I've done.

I believe you, kind sir, have hit the nail on the head. If the shirt isn't long enough, perhaps the pants are too low...

slicedbread

A-List Customer
GOK said:
As I see it, that's not the issue. The man in question feels discriminated against, and frankly, I can see why ('m not debating the rights and wrongs of it). The issue seems to be that some people wearing skimpy clothing are allowed to dine there but others are not, due to their lack of aesthetic appearance. Essentially, I think Mr Johannesen feels that he has been told he is too fat and ugly to wear a shirt that rides up over his belly. [huh]

still...not hard to wear a longer shirt. Though I spose I agree with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24