Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mark Fast/Can you believe? London Fashion Week

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Well it's great...but it is a tiny bit 'apples and oranges', since a UK 14 is not the same as a US 14.

So in US sizing...these were size 10-12 models, larger then standard models to be sure, but in an era where a US size 14 is the -average- size of a woman.....still not quite portraying 'every woman'.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
:rage:

Size 12-14 is not a plus size model. They are *straight* size, as in normal weighted women. Its a step, a size 0 one (pun intended). When they do this with a size 16/18, call me.

LD

Foofoogal

Banned
The main point I was trying to make was that this caused a huge uproar and his team fought and one guy quit. This is what designers have to go thru to expand the skeleton ideal of beauty.
Shows how insane it is and this guy is brave IMHO.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
No doubt he caused an uproar...

Its just a pity he did not cause an uproar with something more in line with -average- women in both countries...

These models were sizes 10 and 12....hardly even -average- sized.

Yes....I get that the fashion industry is even smaller then that, but it is -less- of him making a ruckus that counts for something...if he is still picking people smaller then the national average size...

A lot of ruckus to go through for not much of a statement..if you ask me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner