Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Martini Protocol

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I prefer vodka martinis, and stirred. I'll drink shaken, though! Vodka - I prefer Grey Goose or Stoli. If I'm drinking gin I like Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray Sterling.

Too many bartenders nowadays skimp on the vermouth. Half the time I wonder if they use any at all! A martini without vermouth is just vodka (or gin).

I also like most "girly" martinis (or as we call them "weenie-tinis").

fortworthgal said:
I prefer vodka martinis, and stirred. I'll drink shaken, though! Vodka - I prefer Grey Goose or Stoli. If I'm drinking gin I like Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray Sterling.

Too many bartenders nowadays skimp on the vermouth. Half the time I wonder if they use any at all! A martini without vermouth is just vodka (or gin).

I also like most "girly" martinis (or as we call them "weenie-tinis").

I'll second the Bombay Sapphire.
I am, however, your bartender who will short you on the vermouth. :p I make them to my taste and vermouth is mediciney to me. :eek: I use a special sprayer to give mine about four sprays per drink---just enough to cloud it before you stir. Then again there are my chocolate Martinis:
1 1/2 shots Godiva chocolate liqueur
1 1/2 shots creme de cacao
1/2 shot vodka
2 1/2 shots half-and-half (optional---which means I don't use it for mine unless requested);)

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran