Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

Pip

A-List Customer
Darhling said:
it is a marvellous word, especially spoken in a british accent! but no, the only one who calls me darhling (with extra h's) is my fellow vintage girl friend.

Camp is one of the keys to world peace in my opinion - so go on, be camp!

Haha I agree, fortunately (according to people I talk to) I'm blessed/cursed with a "quintessentially English middle/upper class accent", so it comes naturally. Although I'm often looked at oddly when I accidentally slip "spiffing" into a conversation lol

And the darling with the extra 'h's, sounds marvellous that way. I'll stick to the slightly rolled 'r' though :D

And oui, camp is the way forward. Only live once and all that lol

TessTrueheart

Pip said:
USN014-1.jpg

This picture is lovely!

Pip

A-List Customer
Ditto to the two above comments. Its fabulous to see everything, and to gain inspiration on what to wear from all you chaps :)

D

DeaconKC

LTD, 'bird, don't worry. As long as I'm around, you guys are safe! A few years ago my 300+ pound carcass walked into a Speedo shop in Honolulu. The 3 poor girls working there were terror stricken and finally one barely piped up "Can I help you?" When i left the store you could hear all three breathe again. My wife almost killed me over doing that to those poor girls!

freebird

Practically Family
DeaconKC said:
LTD, 'bird, don't worry. As long as I'm around, you guys are safe! A few years ago my 300+ pound carcass walked into a Speedo shop in Honolulu. The 3 poor girls working there were terror stricken and finally one barely piped up "Can I help you?" When i left the store you could hear all three breathe again. My wife almost killed me over doing that to those poor girls!

Thanks KC, but I don't think the board could stand much more of my ugly mug anyway.

Pip

A-List Customer
Fab photo and gorgeous surroundings.

Coincidentally, Leeds is one of the universities that I've applied to study at lol. Small world?

Pip

freebird

Practically Family
One last pic.I found this today while going through some boxes.
In the late 80's early 90's, my brother & I were toying with starting a photography studio, and were testing a camera/lighting system out. This is pre-fat, not crippled and with 2 good eyes. Coincidentally, this was about the time of my last date, just prior to losing the eye.

1987.jpg

D

DeaconKC

Bird, personally I think you've matured into a face with a lot more character now than then. Lots of strength in your visage now.

freebird

Practically Family
DeaconKC said:
Bird, personally I think you've matured into a face with a lot more character now than then. Lots of strength in your visage now.

thanks, I appreciate the kind words, but I've also gained lots of wrinkles and grey hair as well.[huh]

MissS

A-List Customer
Pip - marvellous photos! (nb, I'm toning down my compliments, as I don't want to be considered a dirty old lady!)

freebird - love the picture, but I prefer you as you are now. ;)

Lockdown - don't you dare stop posting! Your pictures are some of my faves!

Nick D - simply beautiful suit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot