Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

Dominic

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by carter
Trains and squirrels.

What other secrets lie hidden in Montreal?

Train-driving squirrels! lol

Originally posted by zaika
That's amazing! And those squirrels are awfully huge.

The olders squirrels are a bit heavier, yes. And even at that size I can barely feel their weight.

Originally posted by sweetfrancaise
Dominic, that's unreal--I've never seen squirrels do that! Gorgeous photos, once again.

Everytime I go to the park I always get double-takes from passing people.

And about those nasty squirrels in California? Maybe I should "talk" to them. lol

Here's a last one with my wonderful squirrely friends, taken last winter (sorry for the doofus look).

ec6.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Ah, Autumn...my thoughts turn to trees cloaked in russet and gold, cool breezes, the scent of woodsmoke wafting from a chimney, a harvest moon, a shape shifter, and locomotive squirrels. :D :fedora:

dostacos

Practically Family
Dominic said:
Train-driving squirrels! lol

The olders squirrels are a bit heavier, yes. And even at that size I can barely feel their weight.

Everytime I go to the park I always get double-takes from passing people.

And about those nasty squirrels in California? Maybe I should "talk" to them. lol

Here's a last one with my wonderful squirrely friends, taken last winter (sorry for the doofus look).

ec6.jpg

do you feed them or are you just a squirrel wisperer:eusa_clap lol

Nashoba

One Too Many
carter said:
Ah, Autumn...my thoughts turn to trees cloaked in russet and gold, cool breezes, the scent of woodsmoke wafting from a chimney, a harvest moon, a shape shifter, and locomotive squirrels. :D :fedora:

My favorite season...a shapeshifter? you have me intrigued there...

Dominic

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by dostacos
do you feed them or are you just a squirrel wisperer

In Montreal it's illegal to feed squirrels and getting caught means a $65 ticket. But amazingly, feeding pigeons isn't prohibited. So unfortunately, no, I do not feed the squirrels. It's just a matter of playing with them.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Nashoba said:
aaah. that my friend is classified ;) If you truly want to know, the answer is out there. :)
Love me, love me faithfully!
Fidem meam nota Feel my pure devotion.
De corde totaliter All my heart and mind are fully
Et ex mente tota. Bound to one emotion.
Sum presentialiter I am always present truly,
Absens in remota. Though distant as an ocean.
Quisquis amat taliter Those condemned to love will cruelly
Volvitur in rota! Know the rack’s fell motion!

Nashoba

One Too Many
Mr. Lucky said:
Love me, love me faithfully!
Fidem meam nota Feel my pure devotion.
De corde totaliter All my heart and mind are fully
Et ex mente tota. Bound to one emotion.
Sum presentialiter I am always present truly,
Absens in remota. Though distant as an ocean.
Quisquis amat taliter Those condemned to love will cruelly
Volvitur in rota! Know the rack’s fell motion!

*sigh* you are in a phrase Mr. Lucky, No fun. ;) That is one translation yes. I have seen several different versions.
It's part of a much longer poem taken from Carmina Burana. It is a portion of the last stanza of Omnia Sol Temperat. There is a portion of it missing but including it exceeded the allowable characters for my signature.
Any other of my secrets you care to reveal? :)

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Nashoba said:
*sigh* you are in a phrase Mr. Lucky, No fun. ;)
It's part of a much longer poem taken from Carmina Burana. It is a portion of the last stanza of Omnia Sol Temperat.
Any other of my secrets you care to reveal?
My dear lady, please forgive me, the last thing a gentleman does is reveal the secrets of a lady. BUT you did put forth a challenge - and in doing so, you introduced me to a lovely poem! I thank you.

Nashoba

One Too Many
Mr. Lucky said:
My dear lady, please forgive me, the last thing a gentleman does is reveal the secrets of a lady. BUT you did put forth a challenge - and in doing so, you introduced me to a lovely poem! I thank you.

Ahh, so I did. You are quite welcome and wholeheartedly forgiven...if you can bring us back on topic....:D . It has a deep meaning to me and if someone else can find beauty in it then I don't mind so much. My reasons however, remain with me :) Don't worry, we shapeshifters are secret keepers. I have many more....;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran