Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

pgoat

One Too Many
Big Man said:
RailRoad1.jpg

My grandson and me talking a walk along the railroad tracks after dinner yesterday.
Great shot. That kid is stylin'! (You can where he gets it from;) )

pgoat

One Too Many
Edward said:
Taken after a wedding reception in Ireland, last night. Not the most flattering shot of me, don't know what was gonig on with the jacket, but hey ho...

DaveandVanessaWedding21Jan08014.jpg

The suit is a modern cut Remus Umo. Their tailoring is very well cut for me. Despite the unfortunate effect in the photo, the jackt does actually look like it was tailored for my shape. I just wish that the torusers were higher waisted.

Nice suit! Your trousers look fine to me, but I agree It is very hard to get tailors to get the waist & rise right these days....I think they are afraid you will yell at them for making you look like Fred Murtz. I have to keep telling them I'm not exactly Ashton Kutchner, or whoever is trendy and young and emaciated enough to wear slim cut, low waisted, flat front suit trousers.

While the young and skinny can wear those and get away with them I always like a higher waist - and pleats - on a suit. I think they make every guy look more elegant and put together.

Your vest is great too. Paul Stuart sells one like this I was lusting after some time ago....thanks for reminding me!!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Big Man said:
RailRoad1.jpg

My grandson and me talking a walk along the railroad tracks after dinner yesterday.

A priceless image Big Man. It looks like a shot a professional photographer would take with a mind to include it in a picture book featuring snapshots of interesting places and people.

Big Man

Benny Holiday said:
A priceless image Big Man. It looks like a shot a professional photographer would take with a mind to include it in a picture book featuring snapshots of interesting places and people.

Thanks for all the nice comments, folks. My son took these pictures with a relatively inexpensive digital camera. He does, however, have a good "eye" for composition, which makes all the difference in the world between a picture and a good photograph.

The whole family got together for dinner yesterday (that's getting harder to do as the children all get older). After dinner, we took a walk down to the railroad tracks. I wanted to show my grandson some of "the old places" (or rather where the old places used to be). Here I'm pointing to where the old Nebo depot once stood.

I'm grateful that my grandmother took the time to show me the old places and tell me the old stories. I'm now trying to do my part in passing along that same heritage.

DSC02433-BW.jpg

Rufus

Practically Family
Heartwarming images Mr BM!

You're grandson is a very stylish wee fella.

My son is ten, and insists on dressing as a ninja.... a different sort of vintage granted!

:) Rufus

Big Man

Rufus said:
Heartwarming images Mr BM!

You're grandson is a very stylish wee fella.

My son is ten, and insists on dressing as a ninja.... a different sort of vintage granted!

:) Rufus

Thank you. I'll have to brag on my grandson (that's a surprise, isn't it :D ). He's a cute little boy who is "all boy". He takes after his dad in his dress and manerisims. The boy would much rather be hunting or shooting or "adventuring" than watching TV or doing anything inside.

He's a good kid and my "best buddy."

DSC02431.jpg

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
BIG MAN?

Do you do living history or anything like that? Based upon your photo setups looks like you would be real good at it!

Solid Citizen :D

Big Man

Solid Citizen said:
Do you do living history or anything like that? Based upon your photo setups looks like you would be real good at it!

Solid Citizen :D

I was heavily involved in 18th century living history for about 20 years until lately. Due to taking care of my dad (who's health is not that good), I had to curtail my activities. Our group focused primarily on the NC frontier of the 1760's and 1770's.

When at some point in the future when time allows, I'd like to explore living history venues in the 1920's - 1930's. I think that would be an interesting time, and could be a great tool to help teach my grandchildren about their great grandparents and great-great grandparents.

My children benefited tremendously from the 18th century "experience". It made history come alive for them, and not just a bunch of names and dates in a book.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Big Man said:
RailRoad1.jpg

One of the most OUTSTANDING photos I have seen in a long time. I have a great collection of antique photography, of my family, and this one has a similar feel - in subject and content - as those. Wonderful!

Edward

Bartender
pgoat said:
Your vest is great too. Paul Stuart sells one like this I was lusting after some time ago....thanks for reminding me!!

Thanks. The trws sit on my waist, they just seem to ride low. I think I'm carrying just a little extra weight at the minute is partly it.... I think it's as much as anything because I expect my waistcoats to cover the waistband, which of course modern trousers aren't cut to allow...
The waitcoat is a dark, moss-green cotton moleskin front with a satin-type back in a similar shade. I bought it on eBay for about ten bucks equivalent. It's probably my favourite of the handful I have, as the pockets are just right for my mobile phone. :)

pgoat

One Too Many
wow - the vest was a great find (The Paul Stuart cost a bit nore than that !:rolleyes: )

yeah, you need the higher waisted pants with the vests. I am only 5'8" and have stubby legs (28.5" inseam) but I often buy vintage suits in 'tall' or 'long' for the longer rise, and have them hemmed and re-tapered from the knee down. I do the same thing with jeans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot