Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's DRESS BOOTS to suit all budgets.

sproily

Practically Family
Some Finnish 30's dress boots

img4841z.jpg

img4836x.jpg

img4806i.jpg

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
folks, I'm having a VERRA difficult time finding the reasonably-priced dress boots out here in the USA, such as the Grenson's wingtip OR captoe dress boot. Their site is down. Any leads?

mike

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
The Barrie last is just a big box toe on an otherwise sleek boot. Check out the Plaza last here.
sf1.jpg

I'd love to see a side by side, in-person comparison of the boots using different lasts. :eusa_doh:

Selentino

One of the Regulars
We only have hot weather here 3 months of the year. These would look nice while I'm hanging out in the cigar lounge or other places at night. I have a pair on the way, I'm thinking they are not a really heavy boot. I'll have to see.

Edward

Bartender
Just this afternoon picked up a pair of the Marks & Specer boots Paddy refers to above.... Very pleased, excellent value for the money. I'd prefer a leather sole to the man-made one on them, though being objective, the soles will do fine, and from the look of them the heels can easily be redone as ad when. One detail I'm really pleased with is the flat laces - icreasingly rare to find on a new shoe.

Date: Who knows?

One thing I love about men's shoes: There's nothing new under the sun. Any style you want, someone can still make it for you. (see Tomasso's post.) You don't have to buy vintage to get an excellently made vintage looking shoe. Not so for suits, ties, etc. at least in my experience.

These (above) could have been made yesterday, were they not so obviously vintage.

bk

sproily

Practically Family
Indeed but the quality is superb. The leather looks extremely thick and good quality. If I buy these I'd think I'd need to change the rubberband thingie.

And the chisel toe last is hard to find today. Maybe at Ed Green.

Richard Warren

Practically Family

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ok, so I got these:
!BtiOtcgCWk~$(KGrHqEH-D0EvqwClvviBL8Yl-eINQ~~0_35.JPG

And I'm about to order these:
P1080763%20copy-big.jpg

In an attempt to emulate these:
rrl-bowery-boot-03.jpg

Any suggestions before I pull the trigger?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot