Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military fair

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
Went to a Military fair at Stonleigh Park on Sunday.

I found original A2s from £360 up to £1500.00!!

The £360 A2 was in bad condition with no label wrecked knits and dissolving lining and the leather had some damage as well as being stiff as old boots. I nearly bought it though just to release it from the thin wire hanger which was leaving its indentation. I did see a nice Rough Wear with label and in reasonable condition, this was £600.00.

But what I noticed more than anything (not seeing an original before) was how small they were. Even the Rough wear in a 40 looked tiny, and the leather a light weight.

Nearly purchased a WW2 B3 for £150.00, but the condition was just too fragile.

Not sure a military fair is the best place to buy as the vendors need good margins to pay for their plot?

James

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
James, you were wise to keep your money. Most wartime B-3s tend to be fragile, although the ones I still have are an exception. £600 is a fair price for a decent sized wearable A2.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
I was at Stoneleigh, too!

I picked up an AN-J-3a from a private seller for just under 50GBP. It's not quite mint, but very good. You can get good deals on wartime gear if you avoid auctions and professional dealers who know what they're doing...

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
H.Johnson said:
I was at Stoneleigh, too!

I picked up an AN-J-3a from a private seller for just under 50GBP. It's not quite mint, but very good. You can get good deals on wartime gear if you avoid auctions and professional dealers who know what they're doing...

I am sure you can get good deals from professional dealers in these times recession. But you can also get good deals through Ebay, especially when an item is poorly listed or listed in the wrong place! I have picked up several Irvins in the last year for under £100. But you can also end up paying high prices in auctions as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran