Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military 'woolly pully' sweaters

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Very nice, have ordered my first - looking forward to receiving it as the nights are starting to close in and the leaves coming down. There's something about the design that keeps the heat in these, guess it's no secret why the military use them.

Which colour have you chosen?

mariner

New in Town
My new woolly pully roll neck arrived over the weekend; very speedy delivery. Very nice fit indeed, decent length to the roll neck and no scrimping on the quality either. I'll definitely buy more. Looks like they're popular in all colours and sales are going well too, judging from the Outdoor Knitwear site. Roll on winter I say.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
My new woolly pully roll neck arrived over the weekend; very speedy delivery. Very nice fit indeed, decent length to the roll neck and no scrimping on the quality either. I'll definitely buy more. Looks like they're popular in all colours and sales are going well too, judging from the Outdoor Knitwear site. Roll on winter I say.

Roll on winter - I agree! May I ask which colour your chose? I am likely to choose the olive WP rollneck and the Navy without patches, to add to my ludicrously large collection of military sweaters!

mariner

New in Town
Roll on winter - I agree! May I ask which colour your chose? I am likely to choose the olive WP rollneck and the Navy without patches, to add to my ludicrously large collection of military sweaters!

The Heather Mix - will be buying more, probably the Olive rollneck, but torn between that and the Navy this time. Really fancy one of each.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
The three Woolly Pully Roll necks I ordered on Friday from OKW, arrived at lunch time, they are excellent, fit well, look and feel good. Such prompt service.(I am wearing the Navy one at the moment, just what's needed in this cooler & rather stormy weather.) When I ordered them, the gentleman who took my order, said that these new ranges were selling very well which is good. I am pleased that they are pure wool and made in the UK. The firm, which is based in Leicestershire in the UK Midlands, are very pleasant to deal with indeed. :)

mariner

New in Town
The three Woolly Pully Roll necks I ordered on Friday from OKW, arrived at lunch time, they are excellent, fit well, look and feel good. Such prompt service.(I am wearing the Navy one at the moment, just what's needed in this cooler & rather stormy weather.) When I ordered them, the gentleman who took my order, said that these new ranges were selling very well which is good. I am pleased that they are pure wool and made in the UK. The firm, which is based in Leicestershire in the UK Midlands, are very pleasant to deal with indeed. :)

Sound like a stuck record here, but am very impressed with the quality and fit, and as you say, they are made in UK (hurrah) and are pure wool. The sizing instructions were spot on too. Wore mine on the water this week and it's been hand washed and air dried and is back to shape. Glad for OKW that they're selling well too.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Outdoor Knitwear have just sent through a 15 % discount voucher to be used by 03 November. So now is the time to purchase further sweaters if you wish. (I am in one now in fact.)

keith

New in Town
been wearing my derby tweed WP with suede patches just the ticket for the weather lately keeps you warm but not uncomfortably warm- nothing beats 100% wool.
below is the discount code for ODW, Tempted by the roll necks.
Subject to a minimum spend of £35.00 Inc. VAT*)
Simply visit our website and enter the discount code 4DISC15 at the checkout screen for the discount to be applied.

wdw

One Too Many
Thanks to this thread I've ordered a woolly pully from OKW, and got a discount too.

I don't know why they're so cheap compared to their other jumpers though.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Thanks to this thread I've ordered a woolly pully from OKW, and got a discount too.

I don't know why they're so cheap compared to their other jumpers though.

Hope you like the woolly pully you have ordered, I think their other jumpers may have more work done on them by hand, so that may be the reason in the cost difference. The standard of their woolly pullys though are excellent as is the service from OKW.

By the way I like the picture on your thread. I am a bit of a train enthusiast and was in Germany recently so recognised the DB logo/train etc.

wdw

One Too Many
Hi Stevieboy. I think it was you that got me into Sou West Chunkies a while back. They were a great buy, incredibly cheap, but I was looking for something with a longer neck for my Irvin this time.

As to my picture, I took that in Salzburg about to board the train to Munich, so it seemed appropriate, and the red was a nice backdrop. I'll probably change it soon, as that jacket's been traded in to Aero and is now on their sale page.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Hi Stevieboy. I think it was you that got me into Sou West Chunkies a while back. They were a great buy, incredibly cheap, but I was looking for something with a longer neck for my Irvin this time.

As to my picture, I took that in Salzburg about to board the train to Munich, so it seemed appropriate, and the red was a nice backdrop. I'll probably change it soon, as that jacket's been traded in to Aero and is now on their sale page.

Good morning, Yes Sou'west Chunkies are great too. Another chap on this site had a thread about them and I have three of their sweaters. I must admit, I do like a decent wool pullover.

You are right, the contrasts on that picture do work very well indeed and the scenery in that part of Europe is quite stunning too.

All the Best.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
been wearing my derby tweed WP with suede patches just the ticket for the weather lately keeps you warm but not uncomfortably warm- nothing beats 100% wool.
Simply visit our website and enter the discount code 4DISC15 at the checkout screen for the discount to be applied.

This offer has just been extended to 10 Nov 2014 I understand. ;)

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many

I also ordered an OKW woolly pully in dark Purple Mix, I was not quite sure to expect colourwise, but it arrived a couple of day ago and it is really good. :)

Ticklishchap

One Too Many

I also have the derby tweed WP with epaulettes and pen pockets. I love the colour and enjoy wearing it for walks in the countryside especially.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I also ordered an OKW woolly pully in dark Purple Mix, I was not quite sure to expect colourwise, but it arrived a couple of day ago and it is really good. :)

It's an interesting colour but doesn't match other things very well. Can be worn with jeans but not so much with 'country' clothing or outdoor gear.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Although I usually wear Woolly Pullies with patches, I very much like the patchless Navy WP I bought in OKW's recent sale. These sweaters are quite close to the prototype Woolly Pully in WWII and just after. They sell well abroad, especially in Japan, but have only just gone onto the UK market. Overall, I shall continue to wear the patched WPs most often, but this is a nice change and it's the same ribbed wool and turn-back cuffs that make the Woolly Pully a classic.

http://www.outdoorknitwear.com/store/product.php?product=92

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Just wanted to mention that after all the praise I read here, I recently got a couple of Wolly Pullies for myself (navy crew, black V - XLs), and one for my son (navy V - S), from Outdoor Knitwear. I haven't worn them yet aside from a quick try-on, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I am also very impressed with the quality for the price.

My only complaint is that the shipping was unexpectedly expensive: Sure, it's international shipping, but doesn't $60 for two small packages seem high? (I did automatically get the sale prices, so even with the hefty shipping these were pretty reasonable.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner